What's Your BMI?

BMI Results

• Total voters
I guarantee that you have a six pack (everyone does) underneath that fat. The "Dr says I am just built that way....." is bull. You need to get back to 140, maybe even less. But that requires work/discipline that most people just don't wanna do.

You thinking of becoming a personal trainer? :lol:

Wow, looking at 'Voice's pics, if he's "overweight" I'm morbidly obese. I don't dispute that I'm bigger than the charts say that I should be. I'm not even saying I couldn't lose some weight. What aggravates me is the fact that my health and fitness are being determined by one number! The CG deems me as fat and tells me that I'm out of shape because of my BMI. Don't mind the fact that the skinny guy that smokes, drinks and can't find a gym in the phone book is considered healthy as an ox because his BMI is so low, and then I'm told that I need to get in better shape.

Yea, everybody thinks tree climbing keeps one in shape when it's not really true. The ground crew works way harder than I do.

I would just as soon this information NOT be published on the internet. My groundies all have broadband, so do my contract customers... :what:

I confess, climbing is pretty easy but positioning and cutting on big takedowns wears me slap out. It doesn't do much for cardio unless getting gripped every once in a while counts. I'll always take climbing over ground work though.

Funny. I am both climber and ground crew. While some climbs are fun and easy, as a general rule a day climbing leaves me more tired and sore than a day of ground work.

Doc told me I am at the 'high end of normal', though he'd like to see me lose 10 lbs. I weighed in at 207 clothes and shoes on.

for the sciatic nerve he gave me the choice of 1. do nothing 2. chiropracter 3. needle I'm going with #2

23.2 I never thought the BMI was a good judge of health though.

The more I work, the more I weigh. ...always. Whenever I have a slow week or two I usually lose about 5- 10 pounds.

6', 155lbs, 21 BMI. I think the scale is a bit off, I have been called the skinny kid my whole life, funny, its rude and mean to call the fat kid fat but no one gives second thought to calling a thin person skinny.

I have always thought I would be healthy and well built at about 170. guess I would be a lardass according to the BMI scale.

23.2 I never thought the BMI was a good judge of health though.

The more I work, the more I weigh. ...always. Whenever I have a slow week or two I usually lose about 5- 10 pounds.

That's how it goes with me. When I'm burning calories a lot I eat a lot. When I'm sedentary I don't eat much at all. This last winter I stayed in the 185# range but now that I'm busy I'm around 190#. My weight doesn't vary much nowadays anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've never meet you. I assume that's you in the pic. How would I know otherwise?

I'm the most in shape out of shape there can be. I weigh in at 223 hight 5'10" hart rate at 60
blood pressure 110 over 80. My BMI is at 32 to get in the Normal weight I need to be 173.
When i got down to 185 my doc said i need to put some weight on cause i look like hell.
I should be a round 200 lb to be in good shape. I set at 220 to 225 with or with out much change for the last 7 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you visibly vascular, i.e. do you have that bicep vein? Grace us with an ab shot.

Back