What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
Good point Stumper. I should point out here that when the weather started doing its thing my Tree Guy couldn't work safely on his jobs so came home and rested the day, so at night he was fresh. He was home before midnight.

The real issue here is not that the tree is going to do more damage, but that because of how it hit the house it was allowing water to pour in. The people were leaving the house, just wanted to get the tree enough off the house to be able to tarp it.

I do agree though that no one should work past there exhaustion point as it makes you careless and stupid and is a breeding ground for accidents. Being experienced in the results of our local windstorms, my tree guy would rather put off what he had to have happen that day, come home and nap and be ready when that phone call came at night and he could charge insurance companies his emergency rate. :)

I thought i over did it the last few days...32*c in the shade and humid!

Wildfires (bushfires) covering heaps of country, very hot winds are blowing.
As i sit here Saturday morning, im sure i gave myself "heatstroke" yesterday..

Id love to stay in all day, but the life of a treeman, a self employed treeman, doesent end..Come on Codine, kick in!

craig, isnt that a true canadian thermometer? if your pee freezes before it hits the ground its officially 'cold out'

40 degrees farenheit at night and 60's during the day, sunny and kind of windy. Supposed to rain on Sunday.

Mid 70's and clear during the day, cool enough at night to burn my cherry logs in the fireplace. The best time of year and perfect weather to have scheduled all my heaviest work loads - and bring home the best money.

But I pay for it all when climbing in July, August, Sept., and October when it's hot as hell.

Well, it just started to snow. We have a snowfall warning of up to 30cms tonight. Normally I would love it. One problem with it being today - as we speak the Tree Guy and some friends/family have half of the roof on our reno/flip house ripped off. It was beautiful and sunny this morning. Since when is the weather report actually right! :X

Believe me, you've never seen a roof put on as fast as they are doing it right now. :) Guess the other half will have to wait until the next dry day.

Natalie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess you and Paulie will be on the computer on Monday............Nobody gonna be going to work on Monday! Vancouver shuts down with even a skiff of snow let alone a foot!

That may be. Of course, what tends to happen is that we get a load of snow, then we get a load of rain, then the temps drop to below freezing, then we have a bunch of idiots trying to drive on icy roads with their summer tires.

I hope we can work on Monday. We have a huge complex that is supposed to take us the week. It would suck if we couldn't start it. Will be good December money.

Ahhh......I love Vancouver in the Winter. :|:

skiff of snow = I stay home. the 'tards can go driving in it if they wish, after the first 6 hours, most folks that cant take it have crashed, thats when I will consider taking the truck out. otherwise, its housecoat and channel changer day for me :)

65 sunny, crazy warm november weather, I sense a bitchslap comin' soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
skiff of snow = I stay home. the 'tards can go driving in it if they wish, after the first 6 hours, most folks that cant take it have crashed, thats when I will consider taking the truck out. otherwise, its housecoat and channel changer day for me :)

My bother in sis in law went out there to see the Stones the other night. They are gonna have fun getting to the airport tommorrow! With a foot of the white stuff I bet you will be home for at least a couple of days.............for us that kinda snow ain't nuttin! :P

Craig, couple days? you got it ! nice to curl up witha couple ounces crown royal over ice, a nice dominican stogie, fuzzy fleece overthings... not a care in the world... and so quiet, the snow always seems so quiet....

we're having some funny weather here in the UK,mild ,with heavy down pours,hail stones,trees still got their leaves on,global warming?

Back