What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
Beautiful day out today. Yesterday too. Like others, more moisture in the forcast... Whatever, it'll be ages till the roads are decent where I cut. The main Forest Service roads will be OK almost as soon as the snow clears off of them, most are very hard, with good gravel base. The side roads will be bottomless muck, punctuated by large rocks, a combination that just loves to break things.

I feel absolutely blasphemous wishing for warm and dry...

So nice week for a change; full sun and ended in T-shirt day and even that was too hot. Today, the rain is back and temp is dropping.
Plenty of tiny leaves are poking out everywhere. It's always pleasant to see the nature's awakening. Though, the different species take their turn to flower, but sooner than usual and it seems that some change their rank in the sequence.

Last edited:
Windy here too, but that's kinda the norm. Decent temps, if you can stay out of the gale. Tee shirt in the sunny sheltered spots, flannel weather in the shade or "breeze". The forcast promises rain.

Weird. Snowed up higher and rained here last night. According to the weather report I was supposed to be getting rain through Sunday. Then out came the sun and dried up all the rain, and the tired ol Stephen went to do consults again.
Now, Clouds blowing in and here we go again. Temps dropping too.

I like that pickup! I've been musing about trucks lately. They seem to have gotten bigger and taller, but not much more usable. Just harder to get stuff out of the beds.

Steady rain all day. I had to go to the Depot for some plumbing parts and on the way home saw several different results due to temperature and elevation. There's going to be plenty of ice damage in some areas.

It's here, started at about 0330 as big fat rain drops, then quickly transitioning to snow. Got about an inch and a half. Thick low cloud cover, the sun is just a brighter spot of gray, getting some more much smaller flakes now, well see if it amounts to anything.

Back