What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
Sidewalks are sheer ice too. Orthopedic doctors and auto body places are going to be buried with work.

It's up into the 30's again. One thing about Ohio if you don't like the weather just hang in there a week because it will change .

My lady friend is right near Lake Erie about 4 miles from the Mich.line .Often it is colder here 85 miles south than it is there right near that damned lake that causes all the trouble .

Turning into the usual mud hell here.
I had to call off extraction of the wood from one logging job 3 days ago. The place was starting to look like first world war.
We'll probably end up like last year, with several thousand cubic meters of felled and bucked wood on the ground, and no way to get it out, till summer.
Last year we didn't get paid till end of june.
Damn this global warming shit, I want my winters back!

Media reported 2014 as the warmest year on record. Well, I guess, but New England has been cooler than normal last couple years afaik, and last winter was brutal and this one has had plenty of cold weather so far.

In the 20s here. Ground is frozen with a trace of snow on it. All jobs are fair game right now. I'll drive Abrams tank on someone's lawn without thinking twice right now. Plus the cleanup is perfect without snow.

A seemingly endless global process of pressure and temperature trying to equalize. Taking drastic shifts at times. Ft. Bragg is sitting in a happy spot right now, but boy do we need some more rain. About time for some drastic shifts. Least here anyway.

In the 20s here. Ground is frozen with a trace of snow on it. All jobs are fair game right now. I'll drive Abrams tank on someone's lawn without thinking twice right now. Plus the cleanup is perfect without snow.

8)

Rare is it that the ground freezes here. Low of 50, and rain. Our coldest weather seems to be in November, before the clouds move in.

Fffffuuuuuuuuuuuu......Blizzard Warning
NYC and Southern NY State
2 hours ago – National Weather Service
Accumulations: snow accumulation of 20 to 30 inches, with locally higher amounts possible ... Snowfall rates of 2 to 4 inches per hour expected late Monday night into Tuesday ... More info

Sounds like you'll be restricted to a smaller, climbing TD...;)

The coming blizzard is bad for tree biz, but good for snow lovers like moi.:thumbup:

Back