what is this setup called?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks GemCutter. Maybe I need more posts for that power.:?

"Select files?" I don't see that.

1) Scroll down a bit, hit the 'Manage Attachments" tab
2) A new window opens - hit the 'Browse' tab
3) choose a file from your computer - you can only do one at a time
4) hit the 'upload' tab

That's it - close the window and hit the 'submit' tab on the editor page.

No, just a rope walker and SRT device. RADS Really-overcomplicated ascent and descent system.
haha, I'm guessing tree workers don't use RADS; it must just be a cute thing for rec climbers.

I've done it, just progressed. For big tree climbing, a chest box roller (rock exotica) is a help to use maximum leg power for propulsion.

I did 37' in 45 seconds with a Hitch Hiker and rope walker set-up. Not racing, just working.

Tree workers more so than rec climbers need to preserve their bodies.

Good info, thanks. And I can totally understand what you're saying....it can be quite a workout... would take a toll doing it all day, every day. Much respect.

Butch there's a toolbar along the top of the 'Quick Reply' box. The Insert Image icon gives a pop up box to Select Files. But anyway I finally found "Manage Attachments".....you have to click "Go Advanced".

Yes, I always "Go Advanced" when I want to upload attachments. I've never attempted it from the quick reply editor.

In the heart of the Columbia River Gorge...... Hood River. Moved here 8 years ago after 10 years in Scottsdale AZ. Best decision we ever made.

I've done it, just progressed. For big tree climbing, a chest box roller (rock exotica) is a help to use maximum leg power for propulsion.

I did 37' in 45 seconds with a Hitch Hiker and rope walker set-up. Not racing, just working.

Tree workers more so than rec climbers need to preserve their bodies.

If you've combined a chest roller with a HH and rope walker system, I'd like to see photos or at least an explanation of the setup.

When I've tried the HH attached to the saddle rope bridge with the chest roller above it, it climbs great, but if I try to sit back onto the HH to rest, the chest roller prevents the hitch from grabbing. I've started using a short webbing sling between the HH (with a tending pulley on the biner) and bridge ring to get the HH above the chest roller. The chest roller tends the HH while climbing. This works, but I find it less than ideal and attach the HH back to the bridge ring once at height and done using the chest roller.

No Hitch hiker and chest box roller.

Just mentioning that some like/ want a chest box roller. It will work with a regular hitch set-up, I believe.

^ Yup. I remember looking at that before and concluding that it was a joke. I think the photographer just wanted to throw a lot of gear in a photo, because it sure doesn't look like a system. I climbed RADS for about a year before switching to the rope runner. Like traditional (caving) SRT, you have to have:

a) good technique
b) a personalized, tweaked climbing set-up

Without these, it's exhausting and inefficient.

Using a saddle with a dedicated front SRT attachment point in lieu of a bridge for your grigri gains you inches of travel on each thrust, for instance, as does redirecting through a 'biner (no pulley) clipped through the top rather than the bottom of your hand ascender.

Back