What goes up must go....

jalegre0

TreeHouser
I couldnt remember my password so i finally went to just start a new user account and there it was.
forgot password button COOL!
How has everyone been?
Got a cool vid to show you been working on it for a while now. Some footage is old or from helping out other companies so i apoligize now for the lack of PPE. even myself in a clip or two. Let me know what ya think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4PBZRtel6E

Please embed for me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
me and another guy took down that tree alone. staged brush in driveway. So when they pulled up with chip truck, all they had to do was chip in driveway instead of a busy side street

Looks like you have some interesting things going on there but it is unwatchable as presented. Probably just me though.

And you could be the second coming Paul Bunyan of himself, but cutting trees with no hard hat removes all credibility.

I like the video..good style and good work... thanks for making it and sharing... looks like you are having a good time...
as far as the hard hat, I'd feel naked without one.. wear it for 30 years and if it only saves your life once it was all worth it... which it did mine... Was a half dead fir , easy notch and drop with a pull line... one LITTLE dry limb had broken when we tightened up the pull line. as soon as the tree started to move it hit me like spear, falling maybe 25', impact the HH right above where the spine attaches to the brain stem.. even through the HH it dazed me pretty good... thinking about it at dinner that night... what happens w/o the HH... trip to the hospital, possible brain damage, paralysis or death... wasn't much of a stick either... about as heavy as a rake... didn't fall that far either... I've seen a smaller piece fall 75', break through 3/8 plywood and seriously indent the steel cage of a bucket truck... I think the HH is some of the best $ you can spend in this industry... think of it as the cheapest insurance you can get... if it's never needed, you come out smelling like a rose...

One job I was on with two notable and well seasoned tree guys where a small sliver of wood fiber steered a chunk and landed on a kevlar helmet while it was on one guys head. The helmet was just about cracked in two but all that happened to the guy was a sprained neck and a bit tongue if he did not have a helmet on it would have been curtains. So when I get out of the truck a skull bucket goes on.
p.s. osha watches youtube.

p.s. osha watches youtube.

:lol: interesting thought there....re: the video...some good scenes but the transitions and special effects were a bit overboard for me. I'd rather see more treework and less special effects. Liked the music.

Keep at it.

Good helmet feedback. On my first ever tree work day I watched an old schoolish dude fell a dead Euc and almost get clobbered by dead wood and sheets of bark- he acted all nonchalant as though nothing had happened- I thought he was a fool. I commonly fell palms and 8m spars without a helmet- I feel there is nothing that can separate and come down...

I have been helping a lot of different companies out and a lot of them don't even own a hard hat. I am usually climbing or in bucket I always have helmet on. But on the ground after I come down I do tend to forget to my helmet on especially when rest of crew don't care to wear or even own one

It's like gloves, or chainsaw pants, I feel all naked if I don't have them. The helmet has 2 additional features for me, it holds the ear muffs (I can't no more easily withstand the big noises like the chainsaw or the chipper) and it keeps my hairs in place. I wear it even for raking.

It has one downside tough : my brain refuse to take in count the 2 or so more inches on the top of my skull. If there isn't enough room to pass under a limb, lumber, car door ..., I bend over but not enough for the helmet and ... bam ! ouch !:crazyeyes:

I onle have one thing to say about helmets.
In my years of logging I've cracked 3.
All would have been fatal without a helmet.

I'm not an incautious guy, but shit happens when you fall big trees.

There's an episode of Star Trek Next Generation where small inorganic nanobots (using a translation device) call humans
"Leaky big bags of mostly water" or similar, not an insult, a description of how they saw us.
Amidst all the bashing, cutting, chipping and dropping/swinging of tonnes of hard stuff I sometimes think of that, and put my helmet on.

I love wearing a hard hat, makes your skull into a tool.

there have been times when i thank go i was wearing my helmet and thank god nothing has happened when i dont wear it

I onle have one thing to say about helmets.
In my years of logging I've cracked 3.
All would have been fatal without a helmet.

I'm not an incautious guy, but shit happens when you fall big trees.

NICE! FALLING IN THE WOODS IS A LOT MORE DANGEROUS THAN FALLING THE THE BACKYARD (I accidentally had the caps lock on and decided to leave it for emphasis)

Back