What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I try but its a joint effort, most times we do ok. :)
Last night we had jumbo prawns with garlic butter, white rice and another thai mandarin salad, the inlaws were over for the eve.
Then for snacks we made jalapeno poppers, cheese, garlic coil and crackers, veggies and dip, some chips and then later a nice piece of Stliton with Port.
Only surprise was that pops in law bought a bottle of white wine port, he didnt realize it till I opened and poured a glass. :)

Was a good night.
Happy new year y'all!

So far, so good. Trying to eat a bit leaner. I sure wish I could wean my family from Friday night pizza....they're gone tonight so I had a LEAN hamburger and a big salad.

Mmmm, that looks tasty. Is that the child's portion... or are you just a lil' feller? :P

Heck, I had a big glass of water with it. :P
Ask me how many diets I have gone on in my life to lose weight ;-)

Looks like a nice snack, Paul. Where's the rest of it? :lol:

I had three bun-size keilbasa sausages with mustard, relish and cheese on potato buns.

no abs, I exercise as much as I diet.

edit: actually the last few months I have been walking Bub (almost) each day, I guess that counts as a bit of cardio work, a brisk pace but nowhere near jogging. Havent lifted any weights or done situps in a couple years or so. I think if I stay slow and quiet work wise I should start to do something at least.

making a double cheeseburger and a chicken burger (for the wife) on the grill right now for some lunch, teriyaki beef steak with rice is planned for supper. Snowing, cold, crappy out. I am outside grilling in -2C, at least I am under cover. :D

edit: added pics. I managed to eat the whole thing, I did walk around the table a couple times about 3/4 of thw way through though.

Attachments

• P1034899 (Large).JPG
    P1034899 (Large).JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 2
  • P1034905 (Large).JPG
    P1034905 (Large).JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 2
  • P1034907 (Large).JPG
    P1034907 (Large).JPG
    104 KB · Views: 2
I certainly missed cooking over fire. it was a long year without. I am still getting used to cooking on such a large grill, getting to know the hotspots etc.

MB, I have another tee shirt like that only black with white writing, then another white one with color print! Wicked! :D

im a coal burner but thats is a sweet looking grill and a yummy looking burger! some grilled tofu for stig any where?

No tofu but I am looking forward to making a portabello burger again. :D
And I want to use the grill to smoke something, maybe a brisket, thats a summer thing though, with an extra tank of propane handy.

Tonight was the annual Wildlife Club wild game feed. Venison, Elk, Turkey, Pheasant and a few other road kills. A good time was had by all. They give away a couple of 870 Rem. shotguns and various other prizes in a landowner appreciation drawing. I invested in the future of hunting, no wins though.
The brisk walk to and from the event in -15F temps helped build the appetite and tempered the "sody pop" that was consumed with the meal. All in all a great night.