What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

my best friend came up with his wife and 6 month old for their anniversary and we went to olive garden

Sushi on the menu tonight, I will walk over and pick it up when I take Bub out for a stroll. :D

Tomorrow or Sunday we are going to figure a slow cooker recipe for a stew of some sort. I bought beef ribs the other day but didnt read the label all the way, its big bones with a little bit of meat only, wife suggested making soup.:|:

For my son's 12th birthday we're having shrimp cocktail, grilled bacon-wrapped filet mignon, garden salad, and home-made neopolitan ice cream cake for dessert. Our tradition is that the kid's get to choose their favorite meal on their birthday.

Roadkill, a sweet potatoe and a ceasar salad from the Tx Roadhouse. This sinus crud has my taster too fouled up to spend the extra for a ribeye.

I went back for more gorgonzola, that'll clear the sinuses. I also got another hot wing pizza, without the chicken, and some blue cheese to dip it in. I like cold pizza a lot, but not cold chicken. I'm not known for my variety in dining, if I find something I like, I eat it all the time. :/:

Baking some chicken and the smell is killing me.. I am HUNGRY
Kids all chowed on Birthday cake and ice cream. Don't think they are hungry yet, but man are they running on sugar. Gonna start the mashed potatoes and gravy, some green beans and get it on the table by 6pm..

Made the mini meatloafs tonight, kinda like meat cupcakes. :) they were tasty, thats fersure.
BarBQ-Style-Meatloaf-Minis-46524.jpg

its easy, 1LB ground beef (I used lean, not extra lean), a package of stuffing, one cup water, 1 tsp garlic powder, mix, shove in to greased cupcake pan, cook 30 mins on 375, take em out, top with a bit of BBQ sauce and cheeze whiz, back in the oven for 5 mins, serve! Makes 8 meat cupcakes, I mean, mini meatloafs....

U could put an egg in as a binder.. I figured after eating, that it coulda used some onion and mushrooms.

Without using stuffing you would need to season it also, thats where alot of the taste came from was the stuffing package.

Mike, I guess we simul-posted on this one. :)

U could put an egg in as a binder.. I figured after eating, that it coulda used some onion and mushrooms.

Without using stuffing you would need to season it also, thats where alot of the taste came from was the stuffing package.

Mike, I guess we simul-posted on this one. :)

I'd probably leave the water out as well, if not adding any stuffing mix. Maybe add some olive oil with the eggs, sort of like making a meatball.

Great minds meshing through cyber space Paulie.:D

good idea Mike, the water is for the stuffin, a dash of EVOO would be a good idea. The leaving out of the stuffing would make a difference in volume of end product also, might only end up with 4-5 or so instead of 8.

Taking last nights left over baked chicken and making something diffy out of it.
De-bone the carcasses, and still had one breast and cube.
Saute two onions in olive oil, add garlic till blume.
1/4 tsp thyme and same black pepper
De-glaze with 1/4 C white wine (chard tonight)
Reduce.
Meanwhile take bones and cuttings from onions and render stock (boil down)
Once onions and garlic are reduced, add 3 C of water and bring to boil.
Then add 2-3 Cups milk and bring to just before boil.
Then add left over gravy and rendered stock.
Bring to 180 degrees F and thicken with flour and milk mixture commonly referred to as white wash.
Thicken to a creamy gravy and add chicken and Frozen peas.
Bring back up to temp and add chicken bullion to taste.
Chives, about 1/8 cup
Serve over rice or biscuits.. tonight will be rice ;)
Other veggies can be added to your taste.
Redone Leftovers....

Wish I had some mushrooms :(

Leftover meat cupcakes with tater tots. :) Mamma is out at some focus group survey thing, I am watching Bub so its gotta be cheap and easy! He is starting to wake from his nap, I gotta go eat!

Then feed him a little bowl of 'cereal' (more like paste) and a half a jar of Gerber Squash, also quite paste like....

Too bad you can't give him his favorite, Paul. :/:

My weight is creeping back up so I had a salad for dinner tonight. Wendy's chicken BLT. Not exactly lo-fat but better than my usual choices.