What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Sorry Jim, I was wondering because I hadn't seen her in your recent pictures. My thoughts are with you and your family, be well friend.

You did the right thing. Parenting and raising children isn't always a cookbook thing is it? I think our daughters have a particular challenge navigating today's issues.

Ha! Yep.

Good luck on 60.

I unwittingly spent my 40th on an Ambulance standby last year.

I thought we could fix the problems here at home.

Get some therapy...some meds...some counseling.

I fought against sending her away to an outpatient program...like the one she is in now.

It may not turn out in the end...but I won't make that mistake again.

I have been to what seems like an aggressive amount of suicides.

Jim, you are an amazing father giving your kids the best life. Sometimes a little help is needed, praying she is settling in there and evening out. I forget, how old is she?

Happy Birthday!

I hope the medical help, helps. Hopefully it's just a case of teenager transitioning, and she'll "grow" out of it. Best wishes to you and your family Jim.

Hope you got to speak with her today. Hope the facility did something for her birthday. Bless her heart, so tough getting kids through those teenage years. Only hope I can offer is they do grow out of it.

Pasta & sauce...

IMG_20240108_182050543.jpg

It isn't much, but it's good. Having some Malört as a digestif :^D I'd rather have the Dansk bitter, but I want that to last.

I got lucky on the Parmesan. It was a big furry block in the fridge. I'm looking at it and thinking "I wonder what's inside...". I cut off 6 sides, and lost more than half of it, but I got enough cheese for tonight, and the leftovers tomorrow. Only had a couple tiny mold spots that went deep. Those build character :^D

edit:
Changed my mind on the Dansk bitter. I poured a little to compare to Malört back to back. The Dansk bitter almost has a Dr Pepper kind of flavor; very interesting. I think this could turn into a cult classic over here with the right marketing. Blows Jägermeister away.

Last edited: