What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

:barf:

Just kidding. Sounds kinda good, except the wife wont eat peanut butter, or hot sauce. Always been kinda interested in African cooking.

Shoulda put some bacon in it.

We have been eating left overs for a week and a half. Peanut soup would be a nice change.

That would have to be Warthog bacon, I'll ask Richard how that tastes.

Black cherry and Paper Birch wood fire seems to be agood blend of fire and smoke for cooking meat.
Cheese blend we used 2 cups old cheddar, 1/2 cup double smoked old cheddar, 1.5 cup mozzarella and 1/4cup parmesan. That soup took 1st place over my wife's onion pie now.
Baby's a good sleeper and eater there Jim?
Nice to get the family out!

That does sound good.

Yep, young Daniel is doing well. Gained a pound by his two week checkup. Getting up a couple times a night, not too bad!

The dinner tonight was good. Not very busy, the owners have had a hard time making friends in this town. We will be going back though.

I had a rib steak and my wife had a chicken fried steak.

I'm thinking you might like it.

;)

006_hardees.jpg

I sure do!

My new favourite dish, this: http://ricette.leccenews24.it/aglio...ttato-un-classico-leggermente-rivisitato-.htm

It is so easy to make and one can make it as hot as one can stand.
The mail order bride makes some for herself on one skillet and some for me on another.
Today was with Habanero chilies.
I got that " Shit I am going to die, but this is so frigging good" feeling.
Had to get up twice to blow my nose.

With a salad and some Turkish sheep feta.

I'm still careful about not touching my eyes with my fingers.

Did I mention I love HOT food:)

Jaysus that looks good. Is it common for Danes to eat spicy food? No one is New Zealand does. Black pepper is about the limit.

I will have to cook that when no one is home.

Mom is bringing the Broccoli cheese recipe down. You have to promise not to make fun of me because of it. Not a trendy recipe at all. You wont find a lot of hipsters eating this! This is what Montana grandmothers cook.

We cook with canned soups a lot up here and use frozen vegetables quite a bit, we dont have a lot of fresh options, so dont judge us!

Jim, you forget I've lived in Idaho, also I ain't no hipster.

Older generation Danes would scream and die if you served them something hot.
The newer, more cosmopolitan generation can take it.

Southern part of Schweiz is Italian in language and cuisine, both.
I love it when the mail order bride cooks, but with her working a full time job and going to language school, I do most of the shopping and cooking right now.
Which is fine, I enjoy having dinner ready when she comes home.

Yep.
Presently doing a 3 month stint at an old peoples institution ( I don't know what the current politically correct word is for places where we keep old people while waiting for them to die?)in order to be better at the language, unpaid of course.
As much as it pisses me off having her work unpaid, I must say it has really helped with understanding and speaking Danish.

She has a license, but all the jobs she has applied for, they told her that her Danish wasn't good enough.
So we came up with this.
Local nursing home gets a good worker for free and in return help her with learning the language.
Actually just being around people all day who speak Danish helps a lot, and the old people there ( The inmates) get a kick out of correcting her and speaking with her.

Gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce.
The Mail order bride cooked.
Good thing she doesn't cook very often, or I'd blimp up seriously.

We start logging hardwood monday, so I had an extra portion.