What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Whole family on a special diet right now... And you all have me aching for a chunk O Cheese. And wine... And eggs... and crackers, or some bread... and.... crap... nothing can eat for two weeks..
As of last night, a suspicion of having an allergic reaction to brown rice was confirmed. Made my nose and eyes run like a faucet.

One of my favourites is the Berner Hobelkäse, literally Berner Planing cheese. It is too hard to cut, so they run it over a special cheese plane and eat it as shavings. Super fine with a glass of something good.

I don't like the hard cheeses I've tried much. King Island makes some great soft cheese, http://www.kingislanddairy.com.au/ but I don't like them much either. A lot of our dairy has closed, still a few going north & south coast but Tassie has some good ones. My current favourite, from http://www.ashgrovecheese.com.au/

Ashgrove-wasabi-cheese.jpg

Avocado, tomato and ricotta on wholemeal for lunch. And roast chicken with garlic, potato, sweet potato, carrot and pumpkin when I finish this beer.

Sorry Stephen.

That looks pretty interesting.

I went to a fair last week wher a swedish guy was selling marmalade/jam made from wild berries. Wild blueberries, lingonberries, cloudberries etc.
Really good stuff.
Made me nostalgic for the waffles I used to eat when I worked up north of the arctic circle in Norway.

So today I made waffles and ate them with cloudberry jam and sour cream, the Norwegian way.
Haven't had that for 35 years, but it was just as good as I remembered:)

Wed night these were made into supper at the cabin down on KY lake. 19.5" 19" 16" and a Flathead.

kylake15 011.jpg kylake15 012.jpg

I find cheese to be the most fascinating of food.

I quit copenhagen and gained 20 pounds. Probably from cheese consumption.
A day with out cheese is like a day with out sunshine.
There is starting to be more small scale cheese production in the US. That is a good thing.

That's good, I remember looking at the cheese selection in Walmart, there was a whole aisle of it in various forms, sliced, Shredded, big blocks etc, but only two types. Orange coloured and yellow coloured. It all tasted like plastic.

Home grown pork shoulder, marinaded with ginger, garlic, chilli, soy and some other stuff, the slow cooked for 24 hours. Literally melts in the mouth.