What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Dinner tonight:

Roast leg of lamb, given to me by friends in next town who I drop off soft prunings to for their sheep and goats to eat. Free range no hormones, no antibiotics
Carrots dug from out garden an hr ago
Spuds dug today from our neighbours garden

Desert:
Apple strudel made from apples from our tree

Ahh the bounty of the land!

Bet that tasted REAL fine( Except for the chunk of dead immature sheep, of course).
I love when I can pull that off.
Going in the garden with my little harvest basket and filling it up for dinner, deciding what to make as I survey the veggies.

Hearing "dead immature sheep" actually made my saliva glands active. I had fire roasted dead immature sheep at a Brazilian restaurant last week and enjoyed it. Couldn't remember if I liked it prior to that.

Good grazing/ browse foliage, I think. I've had a customer say to dump a doug-fir into the goat pasture, and leave it. He's limb it and let the goats eat up. Little limbs, not logs.

The left over branches can be piled around trees to help keep livestock from eating/ hoofing up the bark on the trunk and roots, and compacting the root zone. My neighbor had several trees die from cows eating the doug-fir bark when they were hungry. Another neighbor told me that they wanted to keep a good sized cedar. The goats had girdled at least 70%. They were surprised when I mentioned that the tree is thrashed. The goats have completely girdled their shade trees in their pens. Not going to be very shady.

The dead immature sheep was so good I had seconds. My body craves the protein, and I made a kick ass gravy!
I was summer pruning an orchard and took all the small branches, twigs and leaves to my friends for their goats and sheep. They usually go down by thee river to cut willow but snakes were around in the warm weather so they were happy to get my offerings.

Can we just imagine our manly tree cutting Stig stepping out into the garden with his wee basket over his arm gathering his veggies...:)

No fresh from the garden veggies this time of year for me. I still have onions, garlic, and loads of frozen or canned veggies though. Wife made chicken breast on top of onions and celery with a jar of home made salsa in the crock pot today. Chicken was so juicy and tender. My only gripe was she didn't make a full crock. Damn making myself hungry again.

Braised and stewed rabbit leftover from yesterday and tapioca pudding. Rabbit was hammered over nite in a bath of stout red wine herbs and garlic. I think it's the best dish ever.

Tongue is good. Like really good roast beef. Makes good sandwiches. Never had rabbit cooked any other way than roasted over a camp fire. I think it is an under utilized meat. Rabbits are so easy to raise and convert food to meat quite quickly. Shit, you can raise them in the back yard.

My chili always turns into sort of a taco soup.

Got a good recipe TreeBilly?