What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Well I took your word on it and got some more, it's easier to get home from on a hot day.

It's from a wholesale meat market but they sell everything, lots of pork [not Danish] The meat section has all women staff and the men in the freezer section all look like this, so it's a good place for me to shop.8)

images
capp_0003.jpg

We ahd chinese tonite but I always get a christmas basket basket of the different.
Kangaroo meat sticks, Pear Schnaps Cheese and Morrocan Crackers.
All was really tastey.
Any one else eat anything out of their norm?

I had lamb shanks last night but it's too hot to cook tonight and I had a salad for lunch so I just made a kangaroo burger with onion, cheese, egg and lettuce. Plus an extra beer.8)

tonight was chicken breast with salad, garlic bread and sweet potato wedges, yesterday I had a steak with taters and sauteed mushrooms.

Today we holiday again - Old New Year. On this occasion for dinner I had the grilled trout, mashed potatoes, a lively salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, dill, chives). Sandwiches with red and black caviar ... and chilled vodka :) к ужину.jpg

Heck with dinner. Let me tell you about the lunch scene around here. I just started eating lunch this year. Prior to that, Ive always been too focused on the work and had no appetite. Well, this year I hit a point where I've opted to change my ways and mellow out. The jobs will get done, and the money will be made. Beating myself like a rented mule doesn't help anyone out in the long run. So anyways, right near my wood yard is a little village grocery. The place is tiny. Corner store really. Well every day that make a hot dish from scratch and put it out in crockpots at 11:30. Could be chicken patties, pulled pork bbq, stew, HEARTY soup of many varieties. Its one dish each day though. Always with a tub a fresh mozzarella cheese, and a basket of fresh baked buttered rolls. Big rolls. Three bucks. That's all. So anymore, we go there for lunch and I buy for my men every day. Its never more then 5 or 10 minutes from where we are working and Ive found it helps ease tough days. We bet on whats for lunch that day. Horse around a little and elbow each other out of the way at the food counter, and sit outside at a picnic table laughing and making fun of any screw ups of the morning. It really restores cohesion amongst me and the guys on those tough days that push everyones' limits a little. Three bucks though. You cant beat a hot lunch made from scratch for that price.