What blower do you use?

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
I've been using the KombiSystem blower with the largest engine, the 130R or sumthin. I've been thinking of getting a BR600 for $500. I wonder how much this will 'up' the productivity?

I'm trying to consider this purchase along with saving for a Wraptor, buying a fuel efficient car, as I commute to Parks 36 miles RT, on average 3.5 days a week. As well, Amy is only having enough sick leave/ vacation/ comp time to be paid fully for 6 months of her maternity leave, and she will be having some post-partum doula help, which is an additional expense to with the new baby.

I have had a br600 for two years and it is second to none. I have also used the red max which is comparable, but heavier. Take the leap, you won't regret it.

Rarely do I have to take the rake off the chipper. BR600 blows very large debri, and the end product is nicer that when I used to rake, then blow with the BG55. And I leave places looking MINT.

BG55 is a good blower of trucks, I'll get another and it'll live in the bucket truck. Sawdust everywhere drives me nuts. I leaf blow the seat and dash of the chip truck almost everyday.

That blower is worth every penny. You leave a yard pristine and it knocks clients socks off. Some don't even really notice the rest of the work that was done, they just notice how clean everything is and are blown away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting Brendon. Hi and Lo power combo.

I already have the BG 65 hand held. I bought the vaccuum bag meant for leaves to try out to pick up piles of saw chips from bucking wood. Works okay for the right situation where I don't want to leave a mad amount of sawdust, but have a lot of firewood to chunk out of a tree. I bought it for ~$30 with one job in mind where there was a ton of firewood rounds from chunking down the spar on a sloped garden bed where lots of the saw chips would have ended up on the neighbor's downslope lawn.
When using it in areas that weren't cleaned well before chunking down the spar it grabbed small sticks sometimes and would jam some times, which was annoying. Did pretty well to get lots of accumulated saw chips from the pile, maybe reducing the amount of saw chips by half or more.

There was a good thread in February: Leaf blower questions

BR600 It'll blow fist size rocks, arm size branches and small children off trails and ... snow, too. :D

4340850982_325c9aa9de_z.jpg

Tom found a pair of Stihl blowers for next to nothing ,like 200 a pop .He got the newer one,a BR 420 and I got the older one a BR 400 and both looked like new.

They do excellant .---and yes they will blow two feet of snow but bundle up because it will freeze your bippy off .

Yeah we use it to dry off equipment after a bath. Usually only when expecting freezing weather though!!

Br 600 makes cleanup a not so bad task.

I bougt a BR600 last year. Only wish I had sprung for it long ago.
It is WAY better than anything else, I've tried.

I have a mid-sized husky and it has done alright but I wish I had a br600, oh well when the husky bruns up I guess.

I have a BR600 and it's a work horse. At work, we run the bg85/86. Good for a pruning crew, but a backpack is the way to go for removals.

Redmax has a 80cc blower now and I demoed it recently. Noticeably more powerful than the BR600 and they have cut the weight on them a lot. I think that will be my next blower, the Stihl 4mix motors can be a pain to work on if not running right.

I have a BR600 and it's a work horse. At work, we run the bg85/86. Good for a pruning crew, but a backpack is the way to go for removals.

Redmax has a 80cc blower now and I demoed it recently. Noticeably more powerful than the BR600 and they have cut the weight on them a lot. I think that will be my next blower, the Stihl 4mix motors can be a pain to work on if not running right.

Do you have a model number for that redmax?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
RedMax EBZ8500RH
Engine type:
Strato Charged 2-stroke
Cylinder displacement:
75.6 cc
Air flow in pipe:
907.59 cfm
Air Speed:
206.25 mph

Spoke to a dealer in Chicago (local dealer is not open yet). $510 shipped to WA.

RedMax EBZ8500RH
Engine type:
Strato Charged 2-stroke
Cylinder displacement:
75.6 cc
Air flow in pipe:
907.59 cfm
Air Speed:
206.25 mph

Spoke to a dealer in Chicago (local dealer is not open yet). $510 shipped to WA.

That's it and a good price. I believe they retail for around $600. I think my dealer is gonna let me have one for 500 or so. Right in line with the br600 price.

We'll see, but I was thinking about trying to swing a new BR600 and the redmax, then seeing which one is preferred. We need one each for the stump crew and the crane crew at work.

BR 600 STIHL Magnum®

DISPLACEMENT

64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.)

ENGINE POWER

3.0 kW (4.0 bhp)

WEIGHT

9.8 kg (21.6 Ibs.)

FUEL CAPACITY

1400 cc (47.3 oz.)

AIR VOLUME

With tube: 1210 m3/h (712 cfm)
Without tube: 1720 m3/h (1,012 cfm)