Well, I bought a chipper...

canadiantreeman

TreeHouser
Not my first choice, but I've been renting the damn thing for so long it feels like I already own it. Well, looking at the papwerwork, had I bought it last year when I started renting it I would nearly have it paid off by now!!

2004 BC1000XL with 2550 hrs on it, 85 hp cummins diesel. Paid 13.5k for it. Now to put it to work buying me a chip truck!

I'll try and get pics up soon, but I warn you, I ride dirty!

Decent little chipper. Chips wood nice! Be careful chipping big stuff a lot. A friend tends to do so and all the welds around the drum bearings are cracked.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all. The machine is ubiquitous in our industry, so its like buying a Ford or GM...always find parts and such. And my relationship with Ol Cotter is really good, and being that he knows a hell of a lot mechanically and is willing to assist me in any future repairs, I liked the idea of buying from him rather than from a dealer 400 miles away. But, yea, I sure hope I can get another good year outta it without taking any substantial repair hits.

The life of a shoestring treeman, I wouldn't trade it!

Congrats, i have the same machine and it works great. I got a fracture around the drum from the drum slamming up and down trying to feed smaller lengths about a foot long. When you do the bigger stuff try to keep the shortest lengths over two feet long and she will run for years

Back