weirdest thing put through or stuck in a chipper!

When I was in college the company that I worked for (not a tree co) rented a chipper for a few days. One of the other summer help sent some glass bottles through that he found in the ditch. I'm pretty sure I would fire someone on the spot if they did that with my chipper.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

A former business partner ran a ton of pears through the chipper and didn't wash it out so for a week, the chipper was a wasp magnet. Oh, good times!
That's about it for me. I can't imagine running an animal thru, yuck!!

170000 bottles of water.
When I first started shopping for a chipper, I was offered a brand new looking TP 240 for a fair price.
it had only been used once. To chip 170000 bottles of water.
Stry was, a local bottling plant for spring water had installed a new valve, that had been lubricated wrong. As a result they had oil residue in all those bottles. Since the plastic bottles are recyclable, they couldn't just take them to the dump, but had to open them amd pour the water out.
Some engineer figured out it was the cheapest way to buy a chippre, chip all the bottles and recycle the plastic, then resell the chipper.
The water just ran out of the chipper and into the drain.
They had pictures to prove the story.
I wasn't looking for that model, so I didn't buy it, but it would almost have been worth buying it just for the story.

we tried running 50 bales of straw through our chipper once, to cover fresh grass seed on the side of a road. . . didn't work so well.

put a dead squirrel through a chuck-n-duck once. much near vomiting was had by all. also had a lady ask if we could throw a box of papers into our bandit 1890, to shread it. instant blasting of papers all over the neighborhood and near instant clogging of said chipper.

Oh I suppose it could a host of items .Cell pones,false teeth,glasses ,saws,bull ropes .

Somebody once in this forum told of chipping coconuts .I'd imagine that would be like dodging cannon balls if it spit them back .

When I got my latest chipper, the factory had overtorqued the bolts holding one of the anvils, causing them to break after a couple of days.
The anvil went through the works, pretty much ruining everything.
Funny thing was, the hired guy we had stuffing brush into the chipper just kept on feeding it, and couldn't figure out why it suddenly wasn't chipping right.

He claimed not to have noticed any funny sounds or such.

I mean, it must have sounded like the damned thing ate half of the USS Nimitz and he didn't observe anything:lol:

Bright side was that the factory put it right and even apologised profusely.

Toms' bunch somehow managed to wind up about a hundred feet of 1/2" braided rope in the chuck and duck he once owned .It flat out stalled it .Was he pissed .They had to cut it out .

Always amazed at what people don't hear myself Stig even with muffs on the change in pitch and such should alert a person.
I had to clean out barbed wire once on a disk chipper better than a 50ft piece that was no fun at all!

Once had a boss show up to the jobsite just as a hollow silver maple limb came crashing down. There was a squirrel nest inside. The mom had scurried away fit there were 3 or 4 little babies in a clump. There were little. All of them fit in 2 cupped hands.

We were all scratching our heads wondering where to bring them. One guy said leave them in the woods. One guy said a shelter. The boss goes, "oh I know- I got a friend with a farm that loves saving animals. I'll bring them to her.

He tenderly scooped them up held them close to his chest and talked cute to them like "don't worry guys we're gonna get you taken care of "

On his way back to his pickup he chucked them in the chipper (yes it was running) and turned around and yelled something to all of us about stop being pussies and get back to work. Then he stormed off.

love
nick

Dayum! That's just cold. He coulda put them under a bush somewhere, but they are just squirrels dime a zillion around here.

just happened last week. A large log with a wayyyyyyyyy dead critter in a hidden cavity. It was awful, smelled like it died months ago. Im guessing it was a coon, but i cant say for sure.

@ Nick...

He was an asshole, but I'll euthanize them when I have to. I take no pleasure when doing it. It SUCKS!

Back