We Have Gone Orange!

Gauge

TreeHouser
Well we have ran the Stihl saws for a while, I have ran them all my life. But times are changin at our camp. We got a new 562XP and now 2 540XP saws and man o man they RIP! We still have the 660 and a couple 261's and 3 200 T's but the Husqy's clearly are the better saws. Now before you flog me (Stihl Fanboys) I have been a Stihl man for a long time. The 540's out rip the 200 T's stock and the 200's are slightly tuned. The 562 is just a monster, it is possibly the best ground saw I have ever ran. I think Stihl shot themselves in the foot with the 201 even though they later fixed it. I have also ran the new Echo top handle and it is a revvy little rascal as well. So I guess my new color is dark orange! LOL If anyone would like to know any specifics feel free to ask.

Guage: I love my 540 for all the torque that pig has. It's just a way bigger motor than any other top handle ever made. Having said that... you're gonna find that that pig's super cold-blooded. Not really an ideal pruning saw. I love the computer idle though.

I've enjoyed mine in stock form long enough. Time to port that pig. :P

Here's the idea if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYeE7QNyn9Q (You gotta watch it till the end to find out the intake porting trick.) Once that's done just open up the exhaust port a hair, cut the baffles out of the muffler and open the hole a bit, and that pig just rips. If you're interested, I'll throw up the Canadian guy's before and after vid.... ohhhh, man.

Just love my 562XP. Great saw. Can't even begin to describe how smooth and fast it is. It outperforms my old saw by at least 2-1. I liked it so much that I also bought the 395XP as a stump saw. I'm equally impressed with it.

My Echo 330T is also a great saw. It's the saw I carry aloft, until I get myself one of those 540XPs.

Joel

Cando, dont ruin things by getting a 540. Yes it makes sense the 540 would rock based on the performance of the other saws you mentioned, but, nah. Imo anyway.

Jed, sick avatar!!! I don't remember that episode!?!?! Great show though, Ive watched a few reruns on youtube- priceless.

Can you post a pic? I can take it from there!

bruce_lee_a_p.jpg

Back