Washing chainsaw pants?

woodslinger

TreeHouser
I have the husqvarna sawpants, and they are due for a washing. The tag says hand wash, but that sounds labor intensive, I try to save that for actual work involving money at the end. I was thinking setting the washing machine for a full load and only putting in the pants and a few shirts and putting the machine on gentle cycle should work. What does everyone who wears them do to clean them?

That's how I do my Husky saw pants, exactly. Never had a problem. I don't run them through the dryer...just hang to dry after they spin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the advice gents. Looks like a cloudy day today, so I'll drop them in the wash tomorrow morning so they have the rest of the day on the line

I put mine in with workshirts and socks...enough extra stuff to make a load reasonable, but still enough room for the trousers to get a good tumble around and get a good rinse.
Spin and drip-dry.

A forgotten tissue is WAY worse than woodchips boys :)

My husband is a serial offender with kitchen towels and tissues! and in a DARK wash, oh lordy...

Nah, my guy is great otherwise, if he actually does the laundry and misses the tissue...well he gets the points for doing the laundry! :)
...still has to pick all the bits off when it goes on the line :lol:

Me too. I'm allowed to when no one else is around and I gotta have it all put away before she gets home. Boy did I get in some deep shit for washing all my ropes in " her" washing machine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Being a stay at home dad I am the one cursing about my wife leaving a tissue in her pocket that I get to pick off everything coming out of the wash. Do ropes need to go in a mesh bag, or just daisy chain them and toss 'em in?

If you've got plenty of spare time, just toss them in without daisy chaining them.

Back