video merry x mas

That's a big old stump! Lucky it didn't warp the dump bed tumbling out of there. :O

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-c8Jhd-8bUc?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

4 part line for it too! Brian ain't kiddin, I wowed a burlier bed than that once dumping big wood

I wouldn't have loaded that root ball on that dump bed, no way. Or rather, I wouldn't have dumped it. I'd use that crane to unload - surely the minimum time limit wasn't up, anyway.

I wonder how much weight in dirt you could get off of that thing if you pressure washed it while it was tilted up?

A lot - I've seen it done. It actually looked pretty cool, the blasted clean root network.

I bet a tree shaker would work, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After hitting it with some high pressure water from our spray rig only to make too much mud to work in. And chipping away with the backhoe. There was not too much soil left. It grew on ledge and was mostly wood and rock. In retrospect we could have lightened it up with our air spade too.
We left a chain just behind the stump to help keep the bed together, as you see it came right off. Minmal damage to roll off body. Do I have any guesses on weight before I tell you?

The crane guy said he could pick 7 k at 70 ft . I said we will have to reel it in then while i push with the tractor. Thats what we did. It weighed 22000 lbs. WOW

maybe we should have demoed your mini grinder attachment. Start at the top kind of deal. Every day is exciting in the tree business.

Back