Vermeer sc652 stumper

$200 per stump ballpark avg? That would be 600 stumps not including fuel/maintenance. At 5 stumps/week, it would take 120 weeks to pay it off, so bump it up to an even 3 years. Not terrible, but a lot of money to come off of at one time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
$200 per stump ballpark avg? That would be 600 stumps not including fuel/maintenance. At 5 stumps/week, it would take 120 weeks to pay it off, so bump it up to an even 3 years. Not terrible, but a lot of money to come off of at one time.
But there are stumps that will do $300 damage in one shot too! Like embedded rocks, t posts, concrete, and most recently abandoned steel conduit.

ha, when lxskller asked the “new” price, I thought he meant how much you were going to raise the price because of the interest. I read it wrong lol
$200 a stump is fairly cheap, just Dragging the machine to the job is worth something.

ha, when lxskller asked the “new” price, I thought he meant how much you were going to raise the price because of the interest. I read it wrong lol
$200 a stump is fairly cheap, just Dragging the machine to the job is worth something.
On that note, it's starting to sound like an auction, right? :^D

That's not doing accurate cost- accounting by any means.

$200/ stump...that's revenue, not profit.

All the other overhead (financing, insurance, fuel, teeth, belts, battery, gear--- just direct stumper operational costs without a trailer, truck, licensing, accounting, sales, etc) needs to come out of each $200 stump.

I see them going for closer to 45k in our area, well-used at that!
That six foot grind sweep sure made me smile rolling one up to a 7’x9’ mass of silver maple stump when I remember taking most of a day to do a similar stump with an old manual Hodges grinder back in the 1970s!

Hodges Stump Grinder

Yes, the Hodges was a back breaker beast. And, when we upgraded to a Vermeer we sold that old Hodges to Paul Dennison who had acres of ‘pick your own’ raspberry plants. It was ideal for those tiny rootballs 🙂

Back