Utility Bills

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I just got mine. I was expecting it to be high, even three hundred bucks, but when I saw $476, I just about shat me britches. I'm only running one 12,000 btu window unit, and another 5000 one for when it get into the 90's.
On top of a $160 "electric" fee, there's an additional $260 "electric fuel cost," whatever in the hell THAT is. BTY, my gas was 9 bucks and my water/sewage/sanitation was about another 40.

My buddy's minimum wage groundie told me his was 900. :what:

I'm waiting to hear about it on the local news, but so far - nothing.

Wow, that sounds totally unrealistic for your little place. My windows all stay closed most of the year, my central air is set for 80-81 in the day and 78 at night (about 1000 square feet) and I have three months per year when my bill is over $100. My highest bill in the last couple years was about $135 I think.

Our utility was recently turned down by the State for a huge rate increase, although I suspect they will end up getting a slightly smaller increase approved.

Maybe just an electric fan would suffice when you need the extra unit going?

When it's hot, I have a tiny one that I point at my head when going to sleep, it makes a big difference.

Good Grease MB, dude my house is 3000 sf.
Man we run an absolute max of 170 a month but most months are 90 to 140.
I cannot believe your cost so much , there must be something wrong with the bill man.

260.00 eletric fuel cost ????? what the heck is that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
there must be something wrong with the bill man.

I'm gonna call and ask for a reread, but there's weird stuff happening with our electric company. This bill is probably legit. Hell, whatcha gonna do? I have no choice but to pay it. :X

Frikkin' Brutal!

I never understood those window units...why not just have em' in the room with the window closed?

Seems like a waste sucking all that hot air?

It is in the window so the condenser coil is outside. Other wise the heat would not be removed from the room.

I average about $325ish for trash, sewer, water, and electric, per month in the summer, and $225ish in the winter, plus the gas bill.

This is for a 1250sq ft house, a new gas pack(heat/ac unit), and a nut job with a welding habit. :D

MB's seems high, but I think that all in all, utility rates in the states are low compared to other places, especially the basic service charge before the usage. In the states I used to pay $7 for the service into my shop, a number of years ago, here it's about $120.

I guess I won't bitch about my electric bill anymore.:O Averages about $200-$225 a month for 3000sf.

MB.. look into a natural gas or propane ac unit... Most our businesses here run gas/propane ac because the electric rates are over 300 percent more for a business.

Amazing, don't know how you do it. The highest elec bill we've ever had here is like $66. That was Dec. w/ xmas lights & dark at 5pm.
When we lived in KY and had central air on during record # of days over 90f it was about $25 higher.

That was for one month, Butch? Sounds like another utilities scam. Remember what Enron did to Cali? And the main perpetrator, KL, didn't even get jail time.

Consumers are a captive audience and the players take us for all they can, and get away with it.

That is so wrong.

If your usage is way high, I'd start looking around and figuring out where it's going. Do you have power out to the carport where the homeless guy was sleeping?

Back