Unreleased Beranek video

Oxman

Treehouser
Here's a video Jerry shot of the process of setting a line with a crossbow in a 15' diameter redwood tree.

The Reynolds Triple redwood is actually 2 trees about 6 feet apart. One of them is 10' diameter, the other is 15' diameter, but splits into 2 trunks just above head height.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I6takJrdBv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The photo below is of Mark Moeske & AJ Remy, who climbed the Reynolds Triple about a year after the video was filmed. Their climb was in 2002, just after the TREE Fun(d) Redwood climb at the Redwoods River Resort. Click on the photo to enlarge it.

MoeskeRedwoods_6.jpg

The TREEHOUSE rocks !

I'm still dancing around this website so I don't get banned again.

Youtube has a policy of only allowing short videos. This required editing out video scenes of Jerry climbing the Giant Spruce & Jughandle Creek Redwood trees.

Most of Jerry's video is of other climbers. Preposterous that video of him should be left on the cutting room floor. That should be fixed by re-editing & releasing those 2 climbs. Go ahead & salivate.

Enjoy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The view of the arrow trailing a blur of fishing line reeling off the spool & disappearing over the fork at the top of it's arc is superior to the ability to see a small throwbag in flight launched by a slingshot.

The 'preference' is the security of knowing if the line is over a solid crotch.

Here's a screen capture from the video.

ReynoldsSnapshot1(12-30-201212-17PM).png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just spooled some more video from that era. The scouting trip for locations for the Bogachiel Spruce climb is also online.

I think this is it.

That's a great tree at the start.:)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pkz0kAm_Uuc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great video.

The Reynold's triple was on my list of possible trees to climb, first time we went over.
I had done a lot of recearch on locations etc, mostly about giant Sequoias, and made maps , copies of articles etc.
We had a preferred growe to climb, and if we couldn't get in there a second and third choice, all prepared.
When you travel so far to climb trees, wanna make sure you can find some good ones ( with no rangers underneath!)

I found a bunch of info about the Reynold's triple on the net, with location and everything. I think it may have been put on there by you, Mike.
We found plenty of other trees to keep us busy and never made it to the Reynold's.

Next time, maybe.

Youtube allows longer videos if you apply for it and they determine that you haven't previously posted vids of what they consider dubious content.

I tend to like short videos anyway. They are not like Ribeye steaks, and generally are the best when leaned down a lot.

Was that first tree a spruce? Bark seems a bit smooth ... bit though.

What does that Kevlar fishing line cost per spool?

Back