Treemotion waist strap

old irish

TreeHouser
A lot of folks seemed to think highly of the Treemotin saddle, so that is what I bought and really like most of it's features. One issue that I have is the waist strap seems too narrow in my opinion. Is the strap on the Treemotion similar in size to other saddles( 1")? I suppose I could have a saddle shop sew on a wider piece of webbing, I am not fat but have batteries implanted in my gut, kind of where the strap hits, but even without that, it seems like it would be too narrow for others also. Any thoughts?

Maybe try and relocate the tree motion lower. I wear mine as low as it will go, it means the belt is well below my gut. I wedge the harness on my hips, works really well for me and means the weight of using a large saw aloft is transferred to your hips rather than lower back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have mine set up with a set of Petzyl suspenders because I have a skinny ass and for tending the Hitch Hiker etc, I really like that. If the saddle is lower down, how does that effect positioning when sitting? Also having that narrow waist band cutting in below your abdomen above the crotch?

The TM waist strap is definitely on the narrow side. I have mine cinched up tight and never noticed it being uncomfortable but can easily see how having batteries in that location could be a problem.

Some things that might help, would be as already stated, to make sure it is riding low enough on your hips and not at your waist. Sometimes you can have it set low and it will ride up as you use it. If that is happening try making the leg straps a little tighter and shorten their connection to the waist belt. This generally helps stop the harness from riding up.

If it is still a problem you could make, or have made, a strap sleeve like those used for backpack shoulder straps.

David

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Dave. I will try changing the position of the saddle on my bod. and readjust the leg straps. Maybe have the webbing sewn on wider also. I am concerned about tearing the wires from the battery as it is only under about an inch of flesh and the wires go to 13 electrodes in my back. INSANE.

Have you tried using coffee to wake up in the morning instead of batteries? ;)

He ate em, he was hungry from cutting so much damn wood.

Back