Tree Service Websites

I told the guy I saw yesterday I could e mail him the estimate.... He said he has a computer, but rarely uses it.
Unfortunately, that is very common up here. :lol:

Don't get tied up with AT&T Yellow Pages hosting your site...they will also design it for you...DON'T do it. It is difficult to get updates and changes made to the web site and they really screwed me over by starting Yellow Page services for me that weren't approved. Took almost a year for them to admit they screwed up but all that time they had our business site tied up. We have had no internet presence for about 4 months while it was all tied up in their bureaucracy.

Don't do Yellow Pages.

Our website was just finished, still have more to add but at least it is up now. www.fjrtree.com
I am curious to how well it attracts customers marketing wise. I think business cards are are way of the past, the majority of people google everything.

I agree with pandarabba about not using yellowpages, they are a ripoff. Another suggestion, check out google analytics I use this tool daily to track the number of visits to my site and the source and all types of info, so I can adapt the site and improve traffic. It also looks good in terms of seo to have your link everywhere to get traffic from many sources, from here other tree forums to facebook yelp etc.

I'm thinking about hiring a seo firm to optimize my sight though I've done what I can and think I could be getting more traffic if a pro went in an tweaked some things.

jp:D

100% of my customers find me either by word of mouth or online (google, yelp, Angie's list). These days, every tree company should have one...around here at least. I know that back in Stanley, WI, the older folks would not be so inclined to search online, but the younger first time home owners would. If you are a yellow pages company, I might not drop the paper ads just yet, but I would start building my web presence so that when your prospective clients google the word "arborist" with your city name, your company is the first one that comes up.

If you build it....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I won't drop yellow page paper ad, but I am phasing down to a one line name in due time. I spent big bucks for the first few years on having the biggest and best ad. It served a purpose. It brought me some call volume. Anymore, it brings me tire kickers and bid shoppers. Yes, I still draw work from the much smaller ad I have now, but word of mouth pays my bills hands down. My point is, I'm still looking to market my business, and always will, I think, but its time to transition away from expensive paper ads.

One line's all you need; more than that and you're just throwing your money away, IMO. But, I truly believe you've GOT to have that contact in there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. Gotta have somewhere for old school folks to look up a number to go with a name.

Back