Tree Report

next time you need a refill on yor log tape get a diameter tape. its normal on one side and diameter on the other

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like I can line up a increment borer to borrow for a day. Bonus!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oNi14CYOiAw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oNi14CYOiAw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Why in the world do you have to find out the age?

90% of those assignments I tell them it will be injurious, do you really need to bother? and they say uh no just do the other stuff.

Why in the world do you have to find out the age?

90% of those assignments I tell them it will be injurious, do you really need to bother? and they say uh no just do the other stuff.

That's why they hired me. It's in the first couple of pages of the thread. They need to determine age to help to determine the history of the shoreline.

You might want to practice on some softwoods first. There's a learning curve to using one of those animals. ;)

I'm pretty sure the loaner will come with a experienced user anyways. But for sure I'll sink her into a pine first to try it out.

Y'all read the whole thread? That tree is not on their property but on shoreline easement meaning it's part of the lake. They are making a case to the land commission to have the property line expanded towards the water. I'm assuming so they can add onto their clubhouse or build some type of new something or other. So if the tree has been there 100yrs and could not live underwater it's presumably not part of the lake. I'm not the one making the case but I'm assuming that between all of the mucky mucks that are members of this country club that they've figured they've got a case to make.

So, do you feel comfortable boring into a tree that they don't own? Or am I missing something as well?:? I have read the thread from the beginning. maybe I need to read it again.

Hell yah I feel comfortable boring into that tree. Why wouldn't eye? Somebody's topped that tree before and I'd presume it was the country club that paid them to do it.

Really I don't care what they want to do with the info. From me they want a positive ID, age, and whether that tree could live submerged. Am I missing something here? As far as convincing the government to expand their property line based on whatever case they're trying to mount? That's beyond the scope of what I'm being hired for. Savvy?

So, do you feel comfortable boring into a tree that they don't own? Or am I missing something as well?:? I have read the thread from the beginning. maybe I need to read it again.

You!!!! You are a sh-t disturber aren't ya?:P

:lol:

If I did that sort of thing I'd be pushing it for sure! What I will be giving them is a cover letter letting them know all about my business and the services I offer.;) Maybe some cards for the common room. Country club, those are my kind of customers.8)

Back