Tree Morphogenesis book 1 - free deownload - seeking feedback

Tree Morphogene

TreeHouser
Hello The Tree House !

I would like to make the forum aware of a new book all about tree morphology that will be available for you to download free from Monday (26/8/13) and for a few days beyond.

Title "Tree Morphogenesis book 1 Reduction Via Thinning Theory"

It describes some unusual facets of trees and leads to a deeper understanding of just how 500 million years of evolution has designed trees so that they in turn, design in and actually facilitate wind pruning. Once you understand how they are designed to be pruned naturally, you know exactly how to simulate wind pruning. It goes a lot deeper than that though and it is written for the tree owner so plain English but there is lots of technical detail, some of which may surprise.

I hope you enjoy it, in fact if I'm honest I hope that you love it but whatever you think of it I would ask you to consider leaving a review.

You can find out more by visiting www.TreeMorphogenesis.com for reviews and video's of us performing tree management on some ancient Oaks using Reduction Via Thinning. There are also links to lots of learning resources and of course a link to Amazon where you can even preview the first few chapters.

David Lloyd-Jones

www.TreeMorphogenesis.com
www.TreeAdvice.com
www.Arbornauts.com
www.EnergisedAlert.co.uk

UI-0372a

David, I believe I read a thread you started on AS? and you were selling a book? If want opinions, reviews, etc.., Why not give free downloads of the whole book to the first ten people that want to read it on each site? Then you can get a fair review on your book! If your book is good then there will be Arborist who will want to buy from you. If it is really good then they will likely want to purchase possibly more of work. Good Luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
David, I believe I read a thread you started on AS? and you were selling a book? If want opinions, reviews, etc.., Why not give free downloads of the whole book to the first ten people that want to read it on each site? Then you can get a fair review on your book! If your book is good then there will be Arborist who will want to buy from you. If it is really good then they will likely want to purchase possibly more of work. Good Luck!

I did start a thread on AS and have had some good dialogue there with people who are going to download and read my book.

Regards free copies to the first 10. No, sorry. I would like to do it differently.

ALL of you can have a free copy and correspondingly all of you can give me feedback if you would like to.

Does that sound fair? If so, any and all of you can download it free today from Amazon and it will remain free for a number of days.

And all you doubters above, Yes, I will be here to answer your questions so we can all learn as we go.

Guy's you don't know me from Adam but trust me, I would not waste your time if what I have to show you wasn't unusual and something that you are likely to be very interested in.

I would understand if some of you are pushed for time, so the juice starts in Chapter 2 and each Chapter from there to 9 introduces something new so that the conceptual model builds and stacks towards a conclusion.

You have nothing to loose but 2-3 hours of your time but in return what if I really am able to change the way that you look at trees and change the way that you see trees, would you be impressed? If so, consider this, it's written for tree owners, not Arborists. It does contain technical details that may surprise you, but it is written in plain English so that it will create empathic links between your clients and their trees!

I hope that you like it but whatever you think, I'm here to find that out.

Cheers, David Lloyd-Jones

Now, just follow the link from the Tree Morphogenesis website to the book on Amazon and download it.

If you don't have a Kindle, you can download Amazon's Kindle for (PC, MAC, I pad etc etc) app for free also.

Within a few minutes you can be reading my book on your favorite device.

Enjoy and/or tell me either way, if you don't mind.

I have no Kindle.

What are you working on now?

If PC, Mac, I-device and a load of others, Amazon give away free apps. Those apps create a Kindle window on your device, then you can download the book to that Kindle app and you are sorted.

I can Vouch for David, I mentioned the TreeHouse to him. He's a good guy, and for those that work with trees and tree care, his book will no doubt provoke much discussion.

Seconded, he is well respected among arb consultants in the UK.

I might read it if I can spare some time from turning trees into chips...

I'm on a laptop. It can't be downloaded as a PDF?

Sorry no. Amazon Kindle e-book only at this point.

In a few weeks due simply to people's asking for them, we will be getting the first batch of hard copies to post out but of course, they won't be free.

I honestly suggest that you go through the process and get the one that i have made available through Amazon, specifically because you will be able to see new ideas in Arboriculture, but also, you will get to see a promotional campaign that will no doubt give you ideas on how you can reach out to and engage with your audience.

In this information age, you have to know how to get and keep the consumers attention to build a relationship with them so you can build your tree care business.

Look for me on Linkedin and Tree Morphogenesis on facebook so you can connect if you want to and even (if you like my free book, or heck, even if you don't) let me know on Facebook or leave a review on Amazon.

I'm really looking forward to chatting after you have read it.

There shouldn't be and issues, Are you trying to get it from Amazon.de or Amazon.com?

There are issues, David. Perhaps terminal ones.
I downloaded the Kindle app for my IPad, but it only allows viewing of the first two chapters of the concise (condensed?) version of your book, which I have previously viewed on Amazon.
Seems to be a bit of a technological hurdle that I'm a bit ambivalent about, and fair bit of time murdered today talking to call centre tech support folks in distant lands (modem/router indigestion from T-storm last night)

There are issues, David. Perhaps terminal ones.
I downloaded the Kindle app for my IPad, but it only allows viewing of the first two chapters of the concise (condensed?) version of your book, which I have previously viewed on Amazon.
Seems to be a bit of a technological hurdle that I'm a bit ambivalent about, and fair bit of time murdered today talking to call centre tech support folks in distant lands (modem/router indigestion from T-storm last night)

I'm sorry to have caused you frustration. I found the Kindle for PC app to be fast to set up and easy to use, not that that helps you.

Firstly you have to find the full version because the concise version is still for sale whereas the full version is the one on free download ("buy for $0") then you just click to buy (for $0) and then go through the couple of steps to download it to you e-reader.

Do let me know, either way. I too want to get this in front of you. Any problems - dlj@treemorphogenesis.com

If anybody is still having problems downloading a Kindle app for your device or finding your local Amazon outlet to get your free copy from or perhaps you are wanting to hang back for the printed version that should be available in a few weeks, whatever the reason, consider this...

I read it myself on Monday, imagining as I did that many other Arborists would be doing the same. I found a few details that need changing but what i wanted to mention here, is that I completely forgot the many other resources that are linked to from within the book.

Of course, reading it in an e-reader gives you the opportunity to open them up in other browser windows before returning to the story which is just convenient.

I have projected 2-3 hours to read the book but if you follow all of the links to the resources that are there to expand the learning experience, then I would estimate that you could spend twice that amount of time.

One more thing. This might represent a way that you can attract and engage with your audience, so self publishing is definitely a business model that you should look at and understand. I would say this of course, but I don't believe you will find a better example of the genre than the book that I am trying to put in front of you.

You can download the book free for just a few more days.

Back