Tree felling vids

The loser that couldn't understand why the tree went backwards other then the fact that it was leaning that way, needs a punch in the throat.

Yeah, B ... looks like it was "laying on the lines" to me, too (below). What do you suppose PSEG charged for that call? I'd guess $2-3000. We had a neighbor hit and underground line and that's what he had to pay ... shoulda been more.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 4.11.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 4.11.25 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Burnham's earlier video showing the idiot on the ladder cutting the notch below the top of the ladder, I liked how he tried to blame his son after the fact for not warning him in time. Stupid is as stupid does.

Those mistakes would just have to go on your record for the rest of your life, there can be statute of limitations.

Well, there's an old expression: "God looks after fools, little children and drunken men." ... 'tis TRUE, been all of those -- I know :D

Mr B. The ladder vid. What gets me on that is (I am not at all saying he has any smarts) he makes a notch so as he has done this would not one know that above the notch goes.? Dumbest one I've seen yet!
Comming back from Dr. Yesterday I noticed scaffolding near a sweet gum, head to town and they must have used it to dismantle the half away from the house. May stop back and snap a shot or two.

I assumed he expected to leave a hinge sufficiently thick enough that he'd be able to then climb down, remove the ladder, and pull it over with the rope (which you can see momentarily at the very beginning of the vid). But then in the end the numb nut admits he didn't think about that the ladder was above the notch :O.

I fell timber for 13 years before I became a climber. I was lucky enough in my travels to end up in Northern California where I scored this glorious Redwood. If I could have stayed in wood this big, I would still be trampin around falling timber.

Be sure to tell us more about yourself brother. There's a welcome new members thread if I remember correctly. Tell us about your career a little. Looks to me like you got some stripes on your sleeves.

you see it right from the beginning... all 6 seconds of it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VEpXASQ7seY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vid reminds of a trap block in football. Your offensive guard lets the opposing defensive player penetrate through the line untouched, and when he sees the ball carrier right in front of him and starts salivating and giving all his attention for an easy tackle, a blocking back coming down behind the line unseen, can hit him low and really clean him out. It creates a nice hole for the guy with the ball to plow through the line. Usually the guy being blocked will get up totally dazed, or mumble...."never saw...". Pretty brutal play when it works well, it isn't so uncommon for the defender to have to leave the game.

I fell timber for 13 years before I became a climber. I was lucky enough in my travels to end up in Northern California where I scored this glorious Redwood. If I could have stayed in wood this big, I would still be trampin around falling timber.

Columbia Helicopter job? Nice drop.

What's up, tree killer? :rockon:

Had my nose roto rootered today and gettin stir crazy pard! Can't believe how well I am typing as woozy as I feel.

Back