Topkick 6500 Chip truck

Tucker943

Bamboo Plantation Owner
I picked up a mid 90's top kick earlier in the winter. Been many years since I used one. That was for other companies too. Never paid attention to fuel mileage. How bad is the fuel mileage? I haven't run it around yet. Been prepping it to get painted my company colors. Should have it finished shortly if time allows. Seems like a good truck. Do they suck outrageous gas? Its a 366 w/ 5 speed. I assume it will pull my Vermeer 1250 just fine. Am I wrong. Its been years since I ran one of those trucks. Been running 350's and 450's since I went into business. With the exception of a International loadstar 1800 with a 404 gas and split rear when I first started out. THAT truck used a tank of fuel just warming up in the morning. It was brutal on gas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the record. We work in a 10 mile radius of my yard 98% of the time. My current 350 powerstroke with a 11 foot chip box pulling my 1250 tends to drink fuel.

I get around eight to ten miles to a gallon empty pulling bandit 250 chipper. loaded around 5 mpg.

That's similar to what we get with our TopKick with a Cat 3116. Not really the same thing, but still in the ball park. I really like TopKick for a cheap truck that gets the job done.

Back