Timber Framing

Always sharp. If it's not, then you stop and make it sharp. I'm 90 percent done and I'm just about ready to sharpen the two inch chisel again. It's still technically sharp, but It's leaving a couple of faint lines. Can't have that.;) Slick and 1.5 chisel are still good. The 1.5 doesn't get used except for the rafter mortises.

Butch, you reminded me of what one of my teachers told me about apprentices. He said the master never showed the apprentice anything. They had to watch what the master was doing over their shoulder while they were sweeping or whatever. When the apprentice had gained enough knowledge, the master would give him a bent square or a junk chisel and send them off on their own.:lol:

"Stealing techniques", is how I have heard it referred to. Only people that really want it will get it. Non verbal education. In the olden times, one could not leave and become an independent without the master's approval. Maybe ten years or so. When the master gets tired pf seeing that the apprentice is faster than he is, he'll want to cut them loose.

Jim, look into Sears pre assembled homes.
A lot of those are still standing.

No, not going to have much snow of there.. We are putting metal on it. The whole thing might just blow off the mountain, though. Rigged those rafters in heavy winds, with 40+ mph gusts. We couldn't sling them, so we attached them to the work platform on the forklift.

Beautiful, Dave. First class.

I need one like that, scaled up about 300 percent, for the Jag and associated shop, plus cover for the Tundra and the Forester. I fear you are too far away for my budget :).

Back