Throw line skills, tips, tricks, techniques

Have tried lots of different tools techniques. I have a falteimer, but found that a $15, round, collapsable leaf bag worked better for me. Gave up on that and am now using a shotline winder again, and having the best luck of anything. Just have to be real anal about winding it back on. I tried to make one of these:
:http://www.eaglearchery.com/AMS-310...1Wr6z_ZfdV2tpxUCzVPDHWvC40yfGewbkSRoCnpHw_wcB
work, but to no avail...different lines, jugs maybe? Anyhow, the apta, and winder are my current method, but I really would like to add a monkey to this list :) Tarzan, and his monkey for setting a line...I would think people would pay to watch :lol:

I play a lot of disc golf and I find that the throw line technique is very similar to throwing disc's. (For me anyway). Let the subconscious do the work. If I think to long I'm bound to blow it. I set the line down, take a quick look and throw. Like most people I have my good and bad days

Merle, I like the line to be about as snug as if you had a 12 oz bag laid on the ground and were winding it in. Also I try to watch that my wraps are even(like spooling a winch), and the last wraps are toward the top. If I make sure that I take this care, it fires off 95% of the time with no issues.

I either hit the spot on the third or the thirty third time...

Such a sweet feeling when you hit that crotch but so frustrating when you are in a busy tree.

I just tend to hand throw rather than big shot. Sometime I'll use the big shot when I am in Norway but not really in the UK. Probably because I don't own a big shot... ;)

Cody thanks. I have spooled back and forth neat but kind of random. Just enough effort to prevent birdsnesting but, I think I see exactly what I need to do now with your discription.

Have tried lots of different tools techniques. I have a falteimer, but found that a $15, round, collapsable leaf bag worked better for me. Gave up on that and am now using a shotline winder again, and having the best luck of anything. Just have to be real anal about winding it back on. I tried to make one of these:
:http://www.eaglearchery.com/AMS-310...1Wr6z_ZfdV2tpxUCzVPDHWvC40yfGewbkSRoCnpHw_wcB
That Retriever reel is what we use for gator hunting with the bow Cody. Works great for that

It doesn't work for 1.75 zing it :) I tried a gallon jug for more capacity, but still would get jammed up...someday, me or somebody, is gonna come up with a badass device, or method...

Visualize every movement and muscle working to hit your target.
Time your throw with your exhale
Your breath/exhale and energy focused at the target.
IMG_20150513_115421.jpg
Made this IMG_20150513_115421.jpg throw today mb 80' in 5 tries

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JZOPVqTikOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Clever Sean. I especially enjoyed your demo of catching the throwline with the small grapple hook. (So I do need that small hook I like so much.)

Not me, Merle. Just something to share. I was scoping the Grapnel at TS after watching that.

I bought some cheap throw line today, turns out its actually all purpose twine used for fishing net repairs etc but our local arb shop sells it as discount "purpose built" throw line, I'm not holding high expectations

Back