The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

Do they still do the full moon party on koh Panghan Rich?

Never went myself, as by that time I was past the drugs/rave scene, but seeing the partygoers coming back on boats to Koh Samui like the living dead was quite a sight.

Do they still do the full moon party on koh Panghan Rich?

Never went myself, as by that time I was past the drugs/rave scene, but seeing the partygoers coming back on boats to Koh Samui like the living dead was quite a sight.

Yes mate, they still have them along with the half-moon parties and black moon parties. There is a full moon party on the 31st of March. We decided to hang around till after then. We are gonna go down there at least for a bit.

Me and the missus were at the same beach for the millennium... that was crazy! usually there are about 2-3000 people at the full moon party. 1999-2000 ticker party they estimated 20-30000 on the beach. It was mental.

Or it may have been the magic mushroom milkshakes and diet pills I had been eating. ;)

We were actually staying in Mae Nam on the north coast of Samui. Couldn't get accommodation on Koh Panghan.

We did the Popeye speeedboat service to get there and back. I was on the boat back with a few of the rave zombies. The weather was really stormy and the boat was overloaded and kept getting air and crashing back into the surf. I recognised that the guy near me was taking a bad turn so I started talkng to him to try and bring him out of it. Turned out he was the director of Blue Peter. For those who don't know, Blue Peter is a long running children's tv show that most brits have grown up on.

I was proper chuckling to my self thinking about selling the story to a tabloid newspaper about the director of the kids show , off his absolute tits on Ecstacy and ketamine.

I

Just saw this one.
Very nicely executed, with hardly any windup or telegraphing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/50x67Yt48hs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was my point.
It was so well done, there was hardly any telegraphing.

I sparred hard with the European middle weight champion back around 90.
Got put down by one just like it.
Sure didn't see that one coming, either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great updates, Rich, keep em coming

Another great mornings training. Torstein cam along to watch yesterday... he asked if he could train today as there were a few kids there.

He loved it and wants to go back tomorrow.

I have a few little videos of Haakon training, just wondering the best way to get them up on here.

Attachments

• IMG_7706.jpg
    IMG_7706.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 33
The dark skinned guy coaching with his back to the ropes...exactly how deadly is he, inquiring minds would like to know. ;)

Haha. He is about 40 years old and probably had upwards of 250 fights. Used to be Southern Thailand Champion. I am guessing he was very handy.

The guy I was sparring with said he lost count after 200 fights, he is 34 and the kids Haakon was sparring with is 17. I am not exactly sure but I am guessing upward of 100 fights.

Lordyyyy, tough people!

Good point, Sean. Having a lot of skills at a young age, does it change his mind set or outlook ?

He is a bit of a chilled space cadet.

The missus blames me for that one. But he s a very relaxed child and I reckon it does him good in certain situations.

For example he was a bit nervous on his first day at school in Norway. I said just remember how you felt before your first fight? This is nothing compared to that.

He replied, yeah you're right. See ya later and wandered off!

Well the training on Koh Phangan is all done. We had a laugh. The trainers were really helpful with the kids. Made it a lot of fun for them.

I had my arse handed to me on a few occasions. I am sure they were taking it easy on the Falangs. Somehow though you can hep but feel you are just a source of revenue. Which of course we are, but all the same.

Looking forward to getting to my mates Gym in Bangkok now. Last day here at the beach then a boat tomorrow to Surat Thani then a flight from there.

My friends gym is a fighters gym. A fair few of the Thais there are fighting in top level promotions week in, week out. I'll try and get some clips of them training. Much better than this crappy old falang.

Attachments

• IMG_7762.jpg
    IMG_7762.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7753.jpg
    IMG_7753.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7752.jpg
    IMG_7752.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7757.jpg
    IMG_7757.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 16
Cheers Mick. I love the one with Haakon smiling with his trainer.

Nearly the same height but that kids is 17 whereas Haakon is 10. I did a couple of rounds of clinch with that kid and he was very strong.

Back