The Official Critter Thread

Bastards were eating my clover :^D There were two of them...

IMG_20240523_133341638.jpg

That wasn't unexpected. When I bought some seed last year, another customer in the shop asked if I was using it to bait deer. If the clover keeps them from eating my chestnut seedling, it'll be money well spent.

I was looking at Blackie sitting in the grass, and saw something move by him. My first thought was a bunny he caught, but he's not a hunter. He's scared of me, so I figured it would be an easy save. I went out to get the critter. We grow our bunnies a little different out this way. I think it'll be alright.

IMG_20240526_074224888.jpg

I was looking at Blackie sitting in the grass, and saw something move by him. My first thought was a bunny he caught, but he's not a hunter. He's scared of me, so I figured it would be an easy save. I went out to get the critter. We grow our bunnies a little different out this way. I think it'll be alright.

View attachment 138962
I saw one on the trail this morning as well! Moved him out of the path.

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saved one crossing a busy 50mph highway in GA couple weeks ago. Always fun waiting to see if the thing will still be alive after the time it takes to find a U turn and get back there

I heard you should take them in the direction they were heading or they'll head back.

Turtles are cool interesting critters. I always felt especially bad for them on land clearing jobs. They have zero chance of getting away when the machines roll in. Find their shattered shells after it was bushhogged out :^(

Oh god that sucks.

Landclearing. Holds a weird spot in my heart.

The designs on that shell and it's trailing edge are rad.

Yes I always take em in the direction they were headed.

Back