The Boomerope

That has a good use. Open your eyes up guys. You smash all the plastic parts off and throw the remaining aluminum parts in your bone pile for your next clean up run to the scrap yard.

That has a good use. Open your eyes up guys. You smash all the plastic parts off and throw the remaining aluminum parts in your bone pile for your next clean up run to the scrap yard.
sweet, I didn't realize there was metal on that thing!:lol:

The pole might come in handy around the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can attach it to any length pole. Yould put it on a 5 stick pruner pole and set pul lines in conifers!
Obviously way too easy for some people to even contemplate.
I never even noticed it was made of plastic, at all, so thanks for pointing that out Tuck:P.
That said, one shouldnt judge, or pass off modern plastics too quickly, we have come a long way plastics can be made pretty tough, especially if the combine that with thoughtful engineering. Just saying.
Its more the idea I thought was curioius.
If it works, andd if it was tough enuff for work, and worked well, Id buy one. We kill dead trees, a lot of them.
I live in the land of pines and the Pinebeetle. Anything that would make rigging dead wood easier I would be interested in.
If you never fall dead trees, need to get ropes up spars, then it might be well useless and just good for parts.

I never even noticed it was made of plastic, at all, so thanks for pointing that out Tuck:P.
That said, one shouldnt judge, or pass off modern plastics too quickly, we have come a long way plastics can be made pretty tough, especially if the combine that with thoughtful engineering. Just saying.
If it works, andd if it was tough enuff for work, and worked well, Id buy one. We kill dead trees, a lot of them.
I live in the land of pines and the Pinebeetle. Anything that would make rigging dead wood easier I would be interested in.
If you never fall dead trees, need to get ropes up spars, then it might be well useless and just good for parts.

I fall dead trees and stick ropes in them all the time. Still don't need that gimmick. I can do with the hook on a polesaw what that thing can do.

I can do with the hook on a polesaw what that thing can do.

I agree.

You'd also have to adapt a regular pole saw pole to have a male threaded ferrule on the end. Maybe that exists but I've never seen one.

Still a pass for me in favor of a base tie pull line.

Meh trying to reinvent the mouse trap. A throw line works well to get ropes in trees dead or alive.

yeah, I guess we all trashed the product pretty quickly, but...come on...it's pretty silly. I suppose the idea is cool if it was more compact or magic or something. I feel there are a lot of products out there being sold to the tree industry that just aren't practical. personally I have a lot of extra gear that I play around with when I rec. climb, but 80% of the time I just climb simple with a blakes hitch on the tail of my rope.

Back