t540 xp

I don't think warming up a modern saw with a heavy finger is detrimental at all. Its just one of those things that makes me flinch. I cold seized a dirtbike once.

:lol:

I hate WOT with no load too.
It hurts me when I see my buddy running a chainsaw at full throttle before beginning the cut or between two close cuts.
And it even hurts me too when I need 2 seconds wot to flush out the crap of my 200T.

That is crazy. That would make my skin crawl to see a saw WOT in no wood for a tank of fuel. But maybe I'm unnecessarily sensitive
It sure is crazy and every bone in the body scream "STOP this nonsense" but it sure is educating.
Doing that help to see and understand things in developing saws as well as the settings, many "why this and why that" gets answered.

The 444 I ran here was a retired pro saw that I fixed up ready to go out again.
I heard many that complained on them shaking apart and burning up in limbing when thinning, so I had to try and see if it had anything to do with high rpm without load. It had bar/chain mounted, but no load on it.

You're pretty traumatised by your recent experiences! Honestly I have a 540 and a recent 201 and they are as good as gold.
Don't throw money at a pile of old bangers! You've been very unlucky, no doubt about that.

You've run 200's and hold this opinion?

Seems any of the 200's I have around running easily outperform my 201 or 540. In power and also in convenience/useability. One start pulls, no waiting on warm-up, no stalling, and lots of power. I'm guessing a pro ported 200 is gonna just humiliate a 201 or 540.

Anything ported will perform better.
From stock, my 201 (the second one) and the 540 especially are as good if not better than my 200s.
Don't confuse noise with power! (Joke!!!!)

I almost killed myself a dozen times or more! Boone's Farms Strawberry Hill was 75 cents a bottle and weed was $10 an ounce.

After some perseverance my 540 is coming good again. I did a full reset via the software then let it idle for about 20 mins. Without turning it off I them went into blocking down a pine tree. I reckon this was the time the saw came good. It's been 3 weeks now with varying temperatures and no problems. It can still be a pig to start if it's been about 15 mins since it last run but when it's choked or already warm it's starting great

Since the 540 wasn't all everyone hoped it would be, (Not trying to start a brand war, just stating what many have told me after using them), we have been rebuilding a bunch of 200Ts.

This is done every were. They spend a lot of money on rebuilding 200's.

They even build from parts in some places and that saw is not cheep when done.

Using the 540 today, it was running like crap on the first tree... Even halfway up the pine (warm saw) it would only start with it choked. Go to lunch, come back and head up an oak... Can't get the blame thing cranked. Come down and it will only idle fully choked and won't run at all off choke/can't get above idle.

I bought the saw from Treestuff, no local dealer... Anyone have an idea for this $650 paperweight?

Apparently it was a factor kinked fuel tank vent. The line runs from the tank to the bottom of the air filter housing. Running next to properly now, after 2 hours of dicking with it after lunch.

Haha yep!

The saw is better, but it's not what I would call right. If it would run right it would be my ideal climbing saw.

Back