Stress at work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea. All of our stuff is diesel, well except for the chain saws and blower. We are friends with a diesel mechanic, so once I'm older I'm going to try and see if they will give me a spot on the night shift 2 or 3 nights a week, I'm sure I could learn a lot that way.

Bud's answer was a good one, about asking your brother. Some apprenticeship systems, anything done for the first time has to be asked about first. It can be a pita, and the tendency is to move forward on your own, especially in a country where everyone is thought to be a creative genius, but even with what appears to be the simplest of tasks, there can be a rhyme and reason as to how it is done. Young people don't seek enough advice about things, wisdom and experience is all there to be tapped into if you want to avail yourself of it. It's a pretty short time in life when people from all walks will want to help you, respecting your youth and ambition and probably remembering when they were there themselves. That will change abruptly when you get older, many doors will have closed. It's ok to bug people to get help when you are young, take advantage of it. For example, have you asked an experienced mechanic what is the best way to achieve the skills that you seek?

Excuse me while I go take my cough medicine....say hi to your bro.

Thanks Jay. When I was a kid my folks rented a small apartment to a couple nuclear sub navy guys. This one guy Sam saw my hands on skills and bought me a four volume set of How Things Work. I will forever thank him for that as it set my engineering mind to work. I never finished with the Mechanical Eng degree, but I excelled at physics and math after reading those books day in and day out. Ask any question you can and always look for more answers. There is always another answer to the same ques.

Back