Sthil 150 v Husky 536

That guy has some cool videos posted. Dumping tops into some narrow openings.

All his climbing was with the 536.

I like the smell of two stoke in the morning...i really want a 150 ive used them at a local co. U sub for and they are awesome for pruning and small removals. I have li ion drills and i spend a lot on batterries. Wonder how reliable these ones are. The price scares me. I can say that illegal burl poachers are gunna want the 536. Sad day for burls everywhere. Dont lock you bike to a tree either. U wont hear a thing. Lol

The 536 is great for those early morning residential jobs on the hottest days of summer, when you want to avoid the afternoon heat.

As this is the battery saw thread!
I had a job yesterday reducing a birch in the middle of town.
Got there at 12.00 midday and the whole town stops for lunch, a dim view would have been taken if I fired up the 201.
Got the lads to lay the brush out ready for chipping, rather than start it.
Worked away in silence, down in an hour, cup of tea, a sandwich, then chipped it up.
I like it!

Damn you all...here I am just about able to overrule my prejudice against the abominable thought of a MS150, when here you come with a fricken BATTERY powered pruning saw that might be worthy of the name as well. Damn you all again!!

:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have one on loan again for the next couple weeks. Have some Saturday morning jobs lined up and trees in sensitive areas. The more I use it the more I like. I'm definitely going to buy one....although I'd like to see the stihl equivalent first. The customers seem very surprised and impressed too. Not sure why it would matter to them but it's a real talking point.

Stihl have alot of work to do to get their battery saws to commercial level, they'll need a whole new redesign as they're consumer grade.

I have one on loan again for the next couple weeks. Have some Saturday morning jobs lined up and trees in sensitive areas. The more I use it the more I like. I'm definitely going to buy one....although I'd like to see the stihl equivalent first. The customers seem very surprised and impressed too. Not sure why it would matter to them but it's a real talking point.

Let us know your thoughts Reg...couple of weeks use should make or break on if its worth the purchase.

I would like to see stihls equivalent as well....

Let us know your thoughts Reg...couple of weeks use should make or break on if its worth the purchase.

I would like to see stihls equivalent as well....

I'm already sold on it Scott. Just got other stuff to buy first. Spoke to a stihl dealer today too, Willard is correct, their battery saws are shite at present. Homeowner level.

I'm already sold on it Scott. Just got other stuff to buy first. Spoke to a stihl dealer today too, Willard is correct, their battery saws are shite at present. Homeowner level.

I've been running two of the Stihl battery saws for about 2 years now. They are quality saws. On average i run about a dozen charges though the battery packs each week....and the batteries are still going strong.
I just ordered the husqvarna 536li xp a few days ago, I'm anxious to see how it compares to the Stihl battery saws. I will probably run the Stihl mini 1/4" .043 chain on the husqvarna.

No I have one of each,A 200 and a 160. But they're really the same saw, just different electric motors I think. The 160 has more chain speed while the 200 has more torque. They've been great saws for me. I use them for carving, especially through the winter months when I work indoors. Many days I'll use them for 4 to 5 hours straight( using one battery while another is charging). They've been flawless with zero problems or breakage so far.

No I have one of each,A 200 and a 160. But they're really the same saw, just different electric motors I think. The 160 has more chain speed while the 200 has more torque. They've been great saws for me. I use them for carving, especially through the winter months when I work indoors. Many days I'll use them for 4 to 5 hours straight( using one battery while another is charging). They've been flawless with zero problems or breakage so far.

Good to know. Thanks for speaking up. You have any pics of your carvings ?

I dont think stihl makes a battery T handle version yet for climbers, just rear handle??

Back