Stein stump debris guard

They fold up flat. Separating them into doubles instead of triples makes them easier to handle. I've been happy with them for the most part.

I used a hinged piece of plywood, cut into four sections. Next time 1/4" plywood. I wonder if cutting a rectangular window in each panel, then stapling heavy mesh would lighten it up and reduce wind wanting to tip it. A cane bolt (sliding bolt on the bottom of big doors/ gates that goes into the ground, often into a pipe in ground, but not in this application) on each end might make it more stable on uneven ground.

My 4 piece plywood guard never blows over in the wind as it sits positioned in a diamond shape around the cutter head.
Each side 2'x4' with 3 two ft piano hinges is cheap and easy to make.Folds up flat and sure saves time cleaning up.

Really long hinge John....
Piano-Hinge.jpg

Thanks Stephen
I buy the hinge by 4 ft lengths and cut them in half.
I have bolted together regular gate hinges but like the piano type better.

I had some custom size mesh tarps made. You can get what ever size you want with eyelets at what ever spacing you think is convenient. The stakes are steel pipe that have upper hooks and an angle iron bracket for using your foot for placement. When traveling between stumps on a job you can just roll everything up and lay it across the grinder.

I've eaten the tarp once on a tight job. Stalled the grinder and put a few holes in the tarp but still rolling with it. Still two new ones on the shelf.

Usually roll with two tarps and eight stakes. Bit of video of the setup starting at 2:25.

Back