Stand Up Climbing Systems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can see how it might be confusing, without reading the first post.....

Jomo

How many of you learned the hard way bout pollen dust and particles being breathed in this biz?

There are certain seasons here in SoCal when working CA Sycamores, even wearing respirators and bandanas, is insufficient to keep you from choking.

The ability to achieve a positive ventilation chamber, using freshly filtered compressed air, delivered via hose/rope, with no fear of breathing nasty stuff, provided your compressor is drawing good air outside the dust cloud any length of time.

Air can also be heated or chilled at the compressor then delivered via insulated auxiliary lines in the hose assembly, preferably integral to an all terrain crane.

Making working in extreme weather on either end of the scale, safer and more doable.

Your chainsaws have filters for optimum performance, so should you, the climber, shakin the bush for the boss man!

Jomo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 84
Are these your patents? Really like the idea of supplied air:thumbup: I thought about buying oxygen bottles with disposable mask to have my ground guy send up after a climb on very hot humid days. I am getting a cooling vest that Butch uses for the summer. I need to quit smoking but it is so damn hard! May try the e-cig thing soon?

Are these your patents? Really like the idea of supplied air:thumbup: I thought about buying oxygen bottles with disposable mask to have my ground guy send up after a climb on very hot humid days. I am getting a cooling vest that Butch uses for the summer. I need to quit smoking but it is so damn hard! May try the e-cig thing soon?

Yes, they're mine, expired and public domain. There for anyone to take advantage and build a Sky Spider mobile crane.

Grove could build a sweet one, right here, or in Germany, with more industry markets than the tree biz alone, painters of tall buildings and such.

Would certainly make Christmas decoration of trees n such with lights a little safer n easier!

Umbilical tree systems, hmmm, with auxiliary emergency override controls. Which might make tying in twice unwise? In an emergency.

Jomo

Now, back in the day when there wasn't all the things there is available to us today I fabricated much of my own gear.

Treemen are true tinkerers and problem solvers. Got to be!

That's what I did Bix buddy, when I watched you get brushed on that crane pick in Grass Valley!

You gonna cop to it or what mate?

Jomo

Jomo, put your bifocals on… I'm hanging from the zipline filming… Madman is making those picks. I'd have the cut between me and the crane.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xIwxqbXLrA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tell Mad man he needs to invest in a bull riding vest if he's gonna keep toughin it out on those spinning picks mate.

Thanks for settin me straight on who got brushed Bix.

Jomo

I like custom stuff, a lot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 111
And good climbin tunes...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9BMnXXrvcyA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jomo

What's the best name for this system?

Stand Up Overhead Suspension System?

Boot strap suspension saddle?

Maybe just BS saddles?

Jomo:whine:

I admit, a BJ saddle sounds more appealing than a BS saddle does...

Jomo:)

It seems research on suspension trauma supports my theory that standing up and engaging the leg muscles is extremely beneficial. Apparently to the point it's recommended as treatment for suspension trauma victims to rescue crews.

http://www.elcosh.org/document/1662/d000568/Will+Your+Safety+Harness+Kill+You%3F.html?show_text=1

Looks like Yates makes a nice spreader bar for personnel lifting.

http://www.patrollersupply.com/equipment/item_4394.asp

I'm thinkin a stand up saddle would greatly enhance a hang glider/parasailor's ability to maneuver using body English only possible via leg muscles. Like I do racing water cooled two stroke 3 wheelers in the desert.

Jomo

I suspect it's gonna be best to have that triangulated T bar bout 14 inches over the climber's head, with an integral midpoint handle accessible with either hand. I like the idea of not actually relying on the T bar for any of the lifeline's primary support functions. In other words the bar could fracture and fail without compromising the primary support's integrity or holding strength.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 35
Oh yeah Szajer! That's my one n only go to saddle!

What about it?

Jomo:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 35
So what do yu think about all this push button T bar termination nonsense guys?

Will it ever be commercially useful for any climbing arbs that aren't orthopedic wrecks?

I'd love to have an up and down trigger that's got a long throw. Pull it a little to go slow, pull it a lot to go fast. Kinda like a rheostat light switch.

Jomo

I'd like to see pics of your three wheeler racer. You could start a new thread.

Honestly, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this system of yours. I'd probably have to see it in person to fully grasp it. I learn best hands on.

Back