SRT techniques for beginners

This makes me think of a story I just made up where two people are bickering and a third person enters the room and tries to be witty to clear the air and gets a few pity laughs but the people still glare at each other over forced smiles, knowing they shall meet again, and on that day there will be a reckoning!!
Unicender best, full Chad.
Other systems are Soy Based.
There, that had ought to light some pubes on fire...

I just happen to love Tofu.
Are you vegetarian or vegan?
Is it for medical reasons or moral?
I'm welcome to a "phuk off it's nonya bidnis"

Tofu is a sin to good Americans. As is sushi, and all other things Japanese. So said my grandfather, Gunnery Sargent James Lynn Allen, USMC (ret.)

But you're a Dane, so you get a pass.

I'll do this tomorrow at a keyboard, rather than now, at 4 AM at my phone.

if you do the simple option IIR correctly it was the yellow CMI loop runner girth hitched to the hand ascender gave the right length

KaveDude, I never liked to call myself a vegetarian, because then I get lumped in with all those " ooooh, the poor animals" or " Save the World by eatingt vegan" types.
I am simply a misfit. Can't eat meat, fish or poultry. It makes me barf.
I can handle eggs, if they are hidden, like in dough and I don't know about them.
Go figure.

KaveDude, I never liked to call myself a vegetarian, because then I get lumped in with all those " ooooh, the poor animals" or " Save the World by eatingt vegan" types.
I am simply a misfit. Can't eat meat, fish or poultry. It makes me barf.
I can handle eggs, if they are hidden, like in dough and I don't know about them.
Go figure.
What about butter?

No judgment either way brother Stig. Sucks you can't enjoy a good steak, or a lovely filet of bass. I could also understand moral reasons, I was just curious.
Can't imagine breakfast without greasy bacon and over-medium eggs...
Hell, if you ever came to visit, I don't know what I'd cook for you! My wife is an excellent cook, but there will be butter, in copious amounts. We're a Ketogenic household, bordering on carnivore, that is, when I'm not binging on depression and carbs.

Have you tried snake meat? Texture similar to fish, flavor more like chicken. I mean before you barf, not after. Those may have been bad comparisons.

Now I've got to challenge my wife to cook outside the box...

VAST!!!

I eat milk products, absolutely love cheese.
Tomorrow we will have our usual Cheese fondue for new years eve.

KaveDude, I used to run cattle on my land before the Swiss horse woman moved in.
When I had visitors from the US, I'd welcome them to the only vegetarian cattle ranch east of the Pecos river.

DerailsRus :D
Do you like French fries? I've got those down pat! It don't sound like a big deal, but I legitimately make phenomenal fries...

Hard to make a meal of them though...

Hope to run cattle some day. Not here on the ridge mind you, but I've got my eye on a piece of land near Woodruff AZ. 200 acres, Silver Creek and it's canyon run right through it. Perfect spot for some beeves, though completely devoid of proper trees, and very few of our overambitios cedar bushes.

Upon a time ago, I rode for Snowflake Cattle Company, a few other ranchers as well, but mostly SCC. Good times. I miss the smell of horse sweat and leather...

I rode for MC up in Idaho in 81.
Vegetarian buckaroo, what do you know.

I rode for MC up in Idaho in 81.
Vegetarian buckaroo, what do you know.
Yippi-aye-kiyay, carrot muncher!

You ought to PM me a story or two of your time cow-punchin, I could fictionalize you into a western hero. Lolz.

Did you ride fence or herd? Or were you a round-hand?

I was a round-hand, if that makes a difference.

For those not in the know, a round-hand is an "All-around-hand" I.e. a jack of all trades concerning cattle and horses. The other variant I've heard is that the round-hand is there for a round up, then drifts on. I was the first type.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

I spent 3 hours trying to get a workable rope walking system going with my hand ascender. Most of the time was spent adjusting the lengths of the tether and bungee. I didn't get a picture but it wasn't anything worth looking at (dogcrap). Kinda got it working by the end and went up a few more times but my hip does not like me right now.

I feel the HH is probably going to be more conducive to rope walking with the absence of anything above the hitch but it was a good go with the RW and allowed me to spend more time with it.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

I spent 3 hours trying to get a workable rope walking system going with my hand ascender. Most of the time was spent adjusting the lengths of the tether and bungee. I didn't get a picture but it wasn't anything worth looking at (dogcrap). Kinda got it working by the end and went up a few more times but my hip does not like me right now.

I feel the HH is probably going to be more conducive to rope walking with the absence of anything above the hitch but it was a good go with the RW and allowed me to spend more time with it.

You're doing fine, just keep practicing and refining your technique. Contrary to what others may say, it's not a natural thing to do, and your body needs to adapt.

Ryan,
The Hitchhiker II with holster style HUT, including a new accessory ‘biner, two new hitch cords, and a new buff is packaged and ready to go out in the mail tomorrow. I cut a length of old climb line and assembled the HH II on it using a Michoacán hitch.
Low and slow till you dial it in. Be safe up there.

Thanks @pigwot. I know from your posts over the years that you are a giver, helper, servant to your fellow man etc. but this is still a grand gesture in my opinion. It might be old clutter that you don't need or use anymore but it is like a gold to me and I appreciate it immensely. This whole, try out SRT thing has been a life preserver that's helped keep my head above water during a historically depressing season. I'll be sure to use it properly and safely. Thanks again to everyone for their encouragement.

Back