spikes

I'd kill for a pair of those JB.

I've never spiked my lanyard before or leg/calf, just my climb line NBFD though right?

My first tree I spiked myself! Ha!

Can those things be bought by itself???

The grips under the spikes ?
yes, they are available alone, because they were only an option initially.
Now they are given as a standard when you buy the spikes. But still available alone.
If you want to mount them on your own brand of spikes, don't forget that you'd need to drill the foot part of the shank. So it will be too much wickened if it isn't wide enough.

My first tree I spiked myself! Ha!

Can those things be bought by itself???

My first day using climbers, my boss had told me a story -of his boss telling him, the dangers of using spurs. And almost immediately after, gaffed right thru his achilles heal. Said he was out for the entire year.

Those look pretty easy to make. A couple beers, a bit of grinding and drilling, and you're good.

How much was shipping Butch?

Take some measurements of how large heel to toe and inside to outside you want them and I can make some up and send them to you.

They won't be CNC cut or anything but they'll prob do the job. I could definitely use some beer and time in the garage.

I can order some and send them oversea to you, but I can't compete with Adam_P's price !

To give you an idea, the grips are 2" wide by 3" long, made with 4mm stein less steel. The small teeth are 9mm high and the big ones are near 1" long,
A little strange to walk with on hard ground (but you aren't supposed to do that :P)

Back