Spider jack 2.1 dyneema "wtf"

jalegre0

TreeHouser
Today I was repelling with my spiderjack 2.1
Went to ascend, one problem no self tend.
A bolt came out of my jack pic below
Photo on 11-19-13 at 10.32 PM #2.jpg Photo on 11-19-13 at 10.32 PM #3.jpg Photo on 11-19-13 at 10.37 PM.jpg
Easy fix after I got home and looked closer at it. Glad I carry a back up system.
Lowered spiderjack setup, and setup my hitch climber set-up and went back to work.

Below fixed jack

Photo on 11-19-13 at 10.41 PM.jpg

This ever happen to any body? Going to check bolts more often. !!!Two other bolts were lose!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looking at new rook

Do you know what this config is for is for ?Ascending 400_Rook-5.jpg
What is that rigging plate for?

Is that connected to harness/bridge

30hlylz.jpg

Its like when I'm asking my wife "wears the " and its right in front of my face
Good night guys
Got work 2morrow Trimming, Trimming, Trimming
Bradford pears out the ass, all inaccessible with a bucket
Break out the ladders and poleclips

I've had it happen. I used blue threadlocker on that screw after. I'm going to sell my sj with a couple cams, biner, and small swivel soon. I <3 regular olde hitches

Good Idea just ordered new cam it will be in 2morrow, I'll put lock tight on

Heard about your new job, "Good Luck" Sounds like fun let us know you like it.

Have you ever used this set-up?
How does this application run?
Is it worth setting up?

How much r u selling for very interested my brother wants one and I'll take those cams, just bought a smaller rope to prevent wear on cam so quick. Already slipping, found out because of the size rope I been using 1/2 inch

Jamin right? I watched through a bunch of content on your youtube channel. You do a good job and have some cool things going on in the video. Keep at it, its like treework, its about production.

Little background " But Still Teachable"

I am a self taught climber never had any formal training.Taught my self by reading and practice. For the last 2yrs, use of internet.
Been climbing for 15 yrs. 8yrs full time. Moved down to Jax, fl and started a small business with my friend Billy, who financed whole operation. About 5yrs or 6yrs ago he got cancer. Didn't save any money so didn't have $ to buy him out. All I had was climbing gear and a 192
Moved back to Jersey to find myself with my high school girlfriend, now wife.
1st week back opened phone book and interviewed companies to see what my opportunities where. Ended working for a combination of 3 companies I liked so I would have work all year. Did side jobs to boost up clientele for upcoming buss. venture.Two of those companies I worked for ended up working for me during Sandy.
Saved up $10,000 grand in a year bought chip truck, chipper and insurance. Now, 5 yrs later I have an entourage of gear, saws, bobcat, grinders,bucket truck,grapple truck, house and a yard.
The first 2yrs I started my season I printed up 10,000 flyers past them out in towns that I thought would build my business. Tried to give my customers a job that separated me from other companies. I would do a spotless cleanup, repair any part of the lawn I damaged, Take away all stump grindings, which I still do today for every one. If I broke anything fast and professional repair, and most complemented about my business: is communication of any scheduling etc. dealing with jobs.
I then focused my business towards property maintenance in tree removal for retirement villages about 3yrs. ago and gated communities to shorten the list of competition. Believe it or not, many companies in area don't carry liab. and comp. which are requirements to work at these communities. Even for homeowners that live their you need to show proof at office.I now work for 11 properties who refer me out to 35,000 residents if they are looking for tree work. Plus customers I already have keeps me rollin all year. 80% of my clientele base is in 1 town. 15 minutes from home.

Hope it wasn't too much at one time. So if you ever see me doing something stupid let me know. Or have an opinion or technique that would better suit situation let me know.
Thanx for reading
MasterBlaster rules!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back