Songs I Like

I saw someone cook a pizza on their dashboard this year. Even brownies. No way he's raw footing that scorched earth in the summer time. Asphalt? Forget about it.
I have committed the cliché of frying an egg on the side walk, albeit in a cast iron pan which I left to reach temp for an hour. However, I did make breakfast for three, successfully, on the sidewalk.

Then there's the things actively trying to kill you. Jumping Cholla springs to mind. Oh and angry bug like things with lobster hands and wasp tails. Oh, and the death ropes with maracas for tails. And what grandad called "Big, Black, and Uglies", which is commonly known as the Trantula Hawk Wasp. Crap, almost forgot the Arizona Amputation Lizard, who's real name speaks volumes, Gila MONSTER.

Everything else is only passively planning your demise.

As the kids say these days: "Facts." I'm glad we can agree on this tidbit regarding our homeland. Everything wants us deceased or weeping or losing flesh, whether by disease or by trauma. Most things that can bite you out here harbor tons of bacteria, so if the bite doesn't get you, the subsequent flesh eating bacteria filled wound will (speaking of Gila monsters!). I like to call Arizona the "Riz!" (to myself and nobody else because to do otherwise would be embarrassing.

EDIT: Oops, just broke that protocol.

Did anyone notice that I didn't edit this post?

aite, i see no likes above so maybe I'm gumming up this thread, so last one for you drumming fans, this guy is a freakin monster, he's got a million vids but this basic one really grooved it pour moi.

Sorry cory :^( Most youtube videos show blank to me when hotlinked here. Curiously though, not all of them. I only occasionally click on the {Watch on youtube] button offered. Trying to conserve bandwidth.

Hmm... Click or not? I kind of like the BeeGees, disco and all. The Saturday Night Fever soundtrack was a favorite when I was a kid. My top 5 records at that time was Beatles Magical Mystery Tour, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, KISS Alive II, A Beach Boys greatest hits album.

Screenshot_2023-12-21_23-21-53.png

Mostly posting for shock value. I DID listen, as well as play, extreme metal in my youth. I still put some really hard stuff on occasionally, mostly for nostalgia. Tastes have expanded and mellowed a bit though.

Sounds for sleep study and relaxation. Since there's no winter anymore, here's a bit for the computer...

:^D

Relaxing isn't the word I'd use. That shit makes me tense. Waiting for the roof to peel off the house, and get blasted by snow. I was looking through ambient music and soundscapes, and ran across the above, I didn't think it deserved it's own thread, so I dumped it here. There are some good ambient tracks though. I have a bunch I ripped from youtube, and I go to sleep to them. Might be worth poking around youtube if you never considered them for white noise type stuff.

White Bat does some pretty awesome synth music. This is the background soundtrack when I need noise to drown out my tinnitus. It's all copyright free, free to use and he puts together long format videos on the you tube that still work in the mobile mini player, so I don't have to be on YouTube! So one of his other "albums" is playing as I type this.

My wife says it sounds like a video game. I think it's better than Dubstep which sounds like Transformers phukin.

I like the more aggressive stuff he does, so yeah, it does sound a bit like a video game soundtrack. Sure beats the undulating permanent church bell that lives in my ears.

Back