simple reliable ascender system for srt

I put a non locking biner on a tether from the delta screw link. The teather goes to the double handled ascender. When I go to work postiion , I just unclip the biner from the ascender and to my side D. Work on the SRT, then clip back in to ascend up further. Unclip when I reach my next position. If I change over to Ddrt, I just leave it clipped to my D or take it off and send it down to the ground.

That is my screen name for "work".

Foot loop/ tether to floating ascender with elastic cord to my harness.

Over the shoulder lanyard keeps my hitch up. I use a distel and rw or hh prototype.

I should have remembered that, Sean.

I intended my question to be more specific...where on your harness do you attach the bungee? I guess that should include, what harness?

That's a very nice footloop and tether, Nick.

Elastic clipped to my hitch climber pulley ( left over from ddrt days- good riddance) on a glide II. Just got an ergo lite but haven't rope walked with it yet, but should be the same.

Edited because of auto correct- left changed to ddrt .

I see that clearly with the RW, but no hitchclimber pulley with the HH...what then?

"left days"??

Auto correct changed ddrt to left.

Clip the little key biner on the elastic cord to the hh's harness biner or run the elastic cord to my neck "under"/ behind my bridge.

Yes. I'd be a smidge leery then, too. Though if push came to shove, I suppose I'd be glad to have it on hand :).

If I get a chance, I'll show my rope walker set-up on tomorrow's finish up (hopefully) of a couple doug-fir removals.

Here is a link to a little impromptu promo video that Erik narrated off the cuff. This doesn't show the set-up (with the HH prototype), but shows the ease of use.

Back