Shop vacuuming saw chips?

the problem I run into with them is the dust clogs up the filter. I use one for dust collection when I do woodworking, and I built a cyclonic separator for it. For that system you would have to build it and have both units together on a cart which is not too difficult, youtube has several examples. I have not tried using it for saw chips specifically, but it works pretty well for sawdust and smaller woodchips

I've considered doing this because I hate creating MORE mess with the blower (blowing dust around) but I just can't see a way to make it work.

love
nick

Billy Goat makes something that resembles a Kirby vacuum. I want something that will suck up stumper chips.

You can get small vacs based on hand held blowers, but I've never tried one. Place I used to work had a trailer mounted leaf vac with a 100 horse diesel engine that would suck up anything that wasn't bolted down.

There are many vacuum/suction type "blowers" for the electrical/insulation industries, but they are all corded. A hose on the suction side and a bag on the other, this will suck like there is no tomorrow. Blows really good, it's also used to fill loose insulation into walls. (This one's mine, they are pricey little buggers)
47029_10152742099065492_1324327674_n.jpg

Quick google showed this, I'm sure there are other brands.

http://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...s-and-Mistblowers/01579/Vaccum-Shredders.aspx

I've always had the homeowner tarp the pool, I've been lucky so far.

Easier to drag a small tarp to each big bucking cut, or lay a longer tarp next to the log. This also keeps it from being matted down into turf/ soil.

Back