Running Bowline

I'll remember what you said when you buy some Antal rings and have to untie you loaded anchor hitch up top.;)

im actually a big fan of the anchor hitch...how do u old timers saftey it off...i tie a stopper knot is that acceptable...

Thanks, for the reply man. I like it cause it's fast and easy to untie. Also, it's a small knot, meaning- it's real low profile...

About how long do you leave it? I usually leave it about 9 inches long: is that acceptable?

I use anchor hitches to attach my lanyard snaps and my biners that go on my climbing lines and splits tails. I leave a 2" tail. I probably should leave more but I don't like the extra rope dangling around, and have NEVER, not once, seen an anchor hitch creep or act up once it is dressed and loaded with weight to cinch it up. My current lanyard is 5 years old and tied to a steel snap with an anchor hitch and has not changed position since the day I cinched it up 5 years ago.

I have been using the Fisherman's single for tying the ends of my prusik hitch to the biner with no slippage. Also for my flipline and climbing line attachments with no safety and no slippage once set. Anchor hitch is rock solid as well with no slippage which I recently switched too just to try and learn.

SOTC has it, then I add another inch or so for insurance :). Having said that, I've never seen an anchor hitch move.

Back