Ropetek Hitch Hiker

I've been looking too Stephen. I saw Sir Nick on TB said he had ordered so I've been looking. Paul?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have let a few folks from abroad purchase them as I feel the likelyhood of a suit is minimal. Next week Yale will test them then we will make them available in the US.

Do you have a picture of how you set yours, Chris? The HH does work best if the spine is facing you as the rope then falls straight down through the carabiner. If you have your climbing line routed properly through the HH, if the opening is facing you, then the trailing tale of your line would be crossing the carabiner. Not as clean. If the tail is falling straight down when the opening is facing you, the slack tending options will be limited.

Dave

Dave, I'll see if I can get some pics this week.

Paul, I'm looking forward to trying out the Forestry Pro line and giving some input.

Thanks,
Chris

See, that is what being sue-happy Americans get you:lol:

Mine are in the mail and I'm holding my breath waiting for them.
I have a medium size spruce takedown at the end of next week that would be perfect for my first SRT job.
If only they get here early enough that I can find a tree and practice a bit first.

Well guys, you will not have to wait too much longer. Paul has my utmost respect for the thought and effort he has put into the Hitch Hiker. It is perfect!

100_4700-1.jpg

Dave

Paul told me about that, but paying UPS $110 for shipping such a small parcel seemed outrageous.

I personally love the Buzzzz. However that said I still climb like Ddrt no ascenders or Gizmos just me climbing the tree. I mostly wreck. Chris is getting some Forestry pro so he should be able to chip in soon,....

Just got the Forestry Pro line this afternoon Paul, I'll be climbing on it tomorrow with the HH.

Thanks,
Chris

Ready for the word about general availability. Has there been a delay from Yale or otherwise? Any idea on when? Many of us are chomping at the bit, but know you must be swamped.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im still waiting for Yale to do the tests, I have units ready for sale when they have been declared safe

We learn wisdom as we experience life...:). You are generous to a fault, Paul. I've never before had something go astray with normal mail service, to my memory. But I'm with you now, once burned, twice shy.

Back