Ropetek Hitch Hiker

Recreational climber. I use SRT on rope wrench with 11mm Velocity, DRT is on 1/2" Vortex. I am retired and have been climbing 2 or 3 day a week for about 4 months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You need to sew the end of one cover without the core in it so you can thread it through, heck maybe the one you have has a slightly smaller hole, cannt remember. 10mm beeline works great though....

I messed around with the hh a good bit so far today, pruning a huge, spreading oak. First I'm trying to figure out the best way to incoperate it into a rope walking set up. So far, it seems girthing a tether too the biner and connecting that to my hand ascender seems to work the best.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346258722.570688.jpg

Next, I'm giving the cooper hitch a try with it. Kinda like a vt, but it grabs much more consistently and releases like butter. Highly recommend giving this hitch a try with the hh.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346258820.931092.jpg

OK so now we have finalized the design it is time to rethink testing.... Hopefully Yale Cordage will be documenting a whole array of tests including drop tests and destruction tests. Heres the results of my in house tests, IMO all you need to know:lol:

2.jpg 1.jpg

Ok so hitch starts slipping at about 1100-1200lbs and maximum attainable load on hitch was about 1500. Rope was compressed due to crush from biner and dog bone but undamaged other than a few frayed fibers, nothing worrying.

Pull test was conducted with 10mm beeline girthed around 4" bollard and at 5400lbs beeline failed at stopper knot.

Conclusion; it would be impossible to break a HH during normal use:D

Lets see what Yale says and then we can start selling them....

If there's a waiting list, put me on it.

Do you anticipate going immediately through retailers, or can we get 'em directly through you/ Ropetek?

Same question about getting a Wraptor for the State, direct option, or just through retailers? I'm still pushing for it. Hopefully there will be an approval during my vacation absence.

HH will only be available from Ropetek, we have to have them independantly tested before we can start selling them, hopefully within a couple of weeks. Wraptors I always prefer to sell direct to the client, I make a bunch more money that way which is why Im not going to sell HHs through vendors for a while.

Na money isnt the problem, its just scheduling and believe it or not knowing to what parameters to test them to. Obviously they have to be over 5000MBS and we are doing a factor 1 and 2 drop test. You can test them all you want IMO if you tie a hitch that is too loose you are going to fall:( No way I can stop that from happening but I guess that happens with DdRT as well......

Paul, please give us some advance notice in this thread, when you start selling them.
Now that I've gotten the team all excited about starting SRT, I wouldn't want to miss out.
I imagine the first batch will sell VERY fast.

Back