Ropetek Hitch Hiker

Price sensitivity is much lower on the HH than the Wraptor, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a prediction, Sam is going to learn to hate the word "Hitch Hiker". Im putting her in charge of sales and shipping:lol: It is already a drag having to get Wraptors packaged and shipped out at a rate of about 2 a week. Wait till these hit the market, what a nightmare:|:

Make her earn her keep:P

Should we PM for it, Paul, or are these posts enough?

I think what would be best is we will get the website setup to take orders via paypal and that will be easiest for Sam to keep up with but who knows. Ill keep you guys updated and will strive to touch base when they are finally ready. That said as you may know Im not the most organized of guys......

Except when it comes to perfecting inventions;)

OK so I just found my new favorite cordage combo. I was in love with the 5/16 TVP but I have come to realize that it tends to loose some of its grip after 2-3 weeks of use which I don't find acceptable (works awesome when new). So I decided to try something new and here it is....

1.jpg

10mm beeline with 1/2" forestry pro ( 12 strand). Man it works awesome, however I should bear in mind so does the TVP when new so we shall see, from my experience though beeline tends to get more grippy with wear not less....

How are you finding the 12 strand on SRT ascents? I have always been under the impression that 12 strand was stretchy but I may be misinformed.

Very nice Paul. I too found the TVP a little slippery after using it for a while, but the HH is truly AWESOME and I really love it.

I'm curiuos as to what hitch you are using in your new setup. Is that a 4 wrap, 1 braid vt or some variation?

I'm also wondering about the 12 strand for SRT ascents and work positioning. Is it a semi-static line like Tachyon, or more stretchy?

Thanks

Now come on guys, you ask the "Wraptor dude" how the 12 strand is for ascents:lol: All my ascents are done with my finger.....

Chris, that is what I refer to as a 5 wrap prussic same as I sent yours with, it is set a bit longer as the Beeline seems to grip more as you will soon find out. Yales "Buzzz line" is rated at 2.2% elongation which is what Im trying next, very little stretch IMO

Donny Coffey and I will both have our HH's this weekend when we put on the first TCIA SRT Workshop. Of course we are going to go over all aspects of SRT gear, but this is a great chance to show TCIA the HH, especially with the new manual coming out soon.

Donny says that one of the rope reps that is going to be there is going to bring a new "secret" SRT Work Positioning line that hasn't been released yet...sounds interesting.

Gonna be a great workshop, and I am very happy to be involved.

Back