Ropetek Hitch Hiker

Paul does that knot pictured work? It looks like a 5 wrap 1/2 braid vt variant?

This is the same friction hitch that I'm currently using with my Rope Wrench. What ends up happening is the top wrap ends up slipping down when tension is applied and the hitch then becomes a 4 wrap-2 braid VT anyways.

Like Paul says, keep the hitch cord short so it grabs right away. I use a 24" Viking splice (from WesSpur) 8 mm Armor Prus hitch cord and it works great. Armor Prus is hand splicable, but not down to the short 24" that I use due to the bury length required.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
1.jpg First production run under way........ Believe it or not that is 7 days worth of machine time to get those 86 spines to that point, now sending them off to get anodized....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't know Pete, selling for $160 which includes biner and hitch cord, not sure what shipping would be to UK....

Good luck with it, Paul. I'd like to purchase one as well, and another fellow in particular that I want to show it to.

Paul, you are a wonder. Please put me on the list for 1, as soon as reasonably possible.

And while you are at it, put me on the list for 1 of your next innovation, I trust it is brewing as we speak..

Put me in for one of those as well please!

My whole team is waiting with bated breath to try one out.

PM sent!

Back