Ropetek Hitch Hiker

Stephen trust me the dogbone is far superior functioning.

Boner I'm starting to think Hy with biner and hitch cord so total setup minus rope will be $160

You know, this is probably how catchy nicknames get started. "Boner" just seems right, compared to Bonner...and only leaving out one little "n" makes it so.:lol:

I have been called Boner my entire life.. at first I hated it, it never stopped. One day I introduced myself "I'm Nick, my friends call me Boner".

My older friends do still call me that, it has proven for some interesting introductions over the years. Some of my friends parents even know me simply as Boner.

I gotta laugh! I've been called Bitch for damn near twenty years because of seating position one rainy day. I suppose my attitude may help some days. :lol:

Butch, he was in a truck with two co-workers and was riding bitch (in the middle). :lol:
I always have to explain the jokes to you. :P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hitch hiker.jpg Been a while since I posted anything. Here is a picture of what is close to the final version. Think we are going to supply the biner and TVP hitch cord with the unit. Works pretty nice.....

Ply block??? I assume you mean the 7075 aluminum spine with cooling ribs?? Yes it helps cool the HH however the binder will still get hot. Anodized with a hard coat...

My mistake...need a better monitor, looked like a composite construction with a bit of plywood between the side plates.

View attachment 42477Been a while since I posted anything. Here is a picture of what is close to the final version. Think we are going to supply the biner and TVP hitch cord with the unit. Works pretty nice.....

That looks great. Any ballpark idea on price? I've already got a uni but I'm always game to try something new..

I'm fixing to upgrade from a 22" to a 26". My laptop is just a backup - it's still in the box.

I've plenty of space.

Adam sorry I missed the "Swing climb", it looked like fun. How long did it take you to get the uni tuned in? I have been interested since Dave put up his photos.

Oh, I have plenty of space if I wanted to prioritize the computer workstation, but I don't. My laptop sits in the closet most of the time.

Desktops take up TOO MUCH SPACE :D.

I live alone in a three bedroom, two bath house. I have an entire bedroom set aside just for my computer and desk. Plenty of space for dual 24" monitors. For my next upgrade I'm getting a huge flat screen tv to hang on the wall and use as my monitor.

Paul, the HH looks great! Looking forward to spreading the word once you're in production.

That hitch and cordage combo works awesome. I call it a 5 wrap prussic but WTF do I know:|: The crazy thing is that you can adjust the length of the cord infinitely due to the stopper knots, I recommend getting it as tight as possible so it ALWAYS grabs, when you are familiar with the setup add maybe 1/4 inch and it will release SOO smooth for ascents, 1/4 inch more and you have to sometimes help the hitch grab. Bottom line it is a very tunable setup. I am very happy with the functionality of the device. Cannt wait to get them out and get some feedback...

The metal cooling fin idea seems so 'space-aged', for lack of a better descriptor. Cool to see it move to the real world of trees.

Back